Talk

Advanced search

Flat bum

(15 Posts)
Chickz Mon 13-Feb-17 20:09:56

My bum is as flat as a pancake. Totally flat. IT can't even barely fill a pair of jeans. All my family have flat bums - do you think there are any exercises I can do to help round it up? Or is it hereditary? I have a pair of padded bum pants which I use on special nights out.

JoJoSM2 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:15:32

The round, perky bit of the bum is the muscle. So if you do some weight training, you'll definitely fill it out a bit. Squats and lounges are good. You'll probably get better results doing one-legged squats and using weights.

Swimminguphill Mon 13-Feb-17 22:59:34

I am a stuck record on this but Gillian Michaels 30 day shred gave me back a bum! Apparently a weak bum is bad because you over use your quads? Hamstrings? Whatever the muscles on the front of your legs are and it can throw your knees off whack so it is good to increase bum strength/size if you can.

womanwithoutasong Mon 13-Feb-17 23:01:53

I second the shred. I lean towards a ... lean arse but the shred has given me a proper high rounded bum.

Chickz Wed 15-Feb-17 12:40:06

Thank you all. Where can I get this shred? Is it a dvd?

AuntieStella Wed 15-Feb-17 12:47:12

Yes, and if you use Ocado you can get it with your groceries.

Some workouts are sometimes on YouTube if you want a free try-out

womanwithoutasong Wed 15-Feb-17 14:05:06

it's called the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. DVD 1 is free on YouTube (as is 3) but two isn't available I don't think. I bought the DVD but it got scratched after a few years so I bought it on iTunes as well.

If you can do it every day then all the better but I tend to do it every other day and get just as good results (in a longer period of time). It's interval training so you do two minutes of cardio, two minutes of abs and two minutes of weights/resistance. It really is the business. Lasts 20 minutes. Last year, I got to the stage of doing Level 3 with ease. <proud>

Back to Level 1 now though. grin

The diet on her website is good too. You'll need some 3lb hand weights but you can get those cheaply at Argos.

namechange20050 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:13:49

Body pump classes. Weight lifting to loud music basically. I've only been going a few weeks but all the regulars have marvellous sticky out bums.

MumBod Wed 15-Feb-17 14:16:08

Pilates. Specifically the dart move. It's giving me a right peach, whereas before I had a pancake.

MrsStinkey Wed 15-Feb-17 14:40:10

I second body pump! If you don't want to go to a class though squatting with weights and lunges are defo your best bet for a nice round bum. Is all about making that muscle bigger! Xxx

KoalaDownUnder Wed 15-Feb-17 14:44:45

Yep, Body Pump. Guaranteed. (If you do it often enough, working up to high weights, with good technique.)

Strongbeatsskinny Wed 15-Feb-17 15:09:26

Forget the shred you want to build that ass girl. Look at the butt bible by Pauline Nordin or the glutes guy Bret Contreras heavy lifting will give you that butt you desire. To grow a nice peach you've got to squeeze on every single rep. You've got to push through that little bit of pain you feel at the tenth and push on till the fife teen.

Chickz Thu 16-Feb-17 20:38:21

Lots to Look into and try. All involving hard work! Thanks all!

EatSpamAmandaLamb Thu 16-Feb-17 21:05:33

When I was well I did kick boxing twice a week and lifted weights along with HIIT 4 days a week and I had a great arse (also from a family of pancake bums). I agree Gillian Michaels is fantastic too. If you don't swear at the TV the first few times the you're not working hard enough.

Glitteryfrog Thu 16-Feb-17 22:21:36

Squats
Lunges
Dead lifts
With weights

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now