Talk

Advanced search

Sam Cam's Celine - what do you think?

(80 Posts)
LtGreggs Mon 13-Feb-17 19:43:16

So Samantha Cameron has launched a clothing label. I've just had a look and I really like it - looks potentially very wearable. What do you reckon?

www.cefinn.com

(Can't see another thread about this - apols if I'm repeating)

expatinscotland Mon 13-Feb-17 19:45:06

Ugly and a rip off.

clairethewitch70 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:47:29

I really like the clothes but they are expensive, but very wearable.

DameXanaduBramble Mon 13-Feb-17 19:48:41

Overpriced, boring, run of the mill, nothing special at all.

EggsEleven Mon 13-Feb-17 19:49:25

I had a look at the dresses and the tops. Nothing remarkable but nothing truly awful either. They don't look like they are worth the price though so unlikely I'll be buying. Could probably buy similar in Cor or &Other Stories for a fraction of the price.

Will be interesting to see if they feature heavily in Vogue mag seeing as her sister is the Deputy Ed wink

ImperialBlether Mon 13-Feb-17 19:49:35

There are some really ugly dresses there! She's getting criticised for only going up to a size 14, too.

theaveragewife Mon 13-Feb-17 19:49:56

Too expensive. Some lovely stuff I would wear, but I do picture her in each outfit!

Blankscreen Mon 13-Feb-17 19:50:48

I think it's quite nice but bloody expensive.

Thing is "we're all in it together" just some of us are wearing £300 dresses.

I think it shows a lack of tact on her part.

Maudlinmaud Mon 13-Feb-17 19:53:48

It's Zara at inflated prices.

LilaGrace Mon 13-Feb-17 19:57:34

Love these clothes. Simple but tailored and elegant.

LtGreggs Mon 13-Feb-17 19:59:55

I picture her in each outfit too smile

I don't think it looks too overpriced, if the fabric, lining & workmanship is good (Can't tell that unless you see it first hand, I guess).

LtGreggs Mon 13-Feb-17 20:01:37

Just realised my autocorrect has messed up the thread title... Sorry Samantha.

Shurleyshummishtake Mon 13-Feb-17 20:02:16

Think they are really lovely but I wouldn't pay those prices unless the fabric was amazing

Very like cos but a bit less funky

tessiebear4 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:03:08

I think it's lovely, but I don't think it will suit my figure. I'm slim, but with relatively big boobs and I can't do those high necks at all. sad

Kirriemuir Mon 13-Feb-17 20:04:46

Some nice stuff but too expensive.

ArriettyClock1 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:04:48

I think they're lovely, mostly.

I would hope, for the price, the quality's better than Zara - which have the shoddiest quality of anything I have bought.

DressageNut Mon 13-Feb-17 20:06:59

I really like them. Might like them even more in the sale...

fuckingwall Mon 13-Feb-17 20:08:14

I don't like the styles or the colours (apart from the red which is nice). Very expensive for polyester.

noeuf Mon 13-Feb-17 20:08:16

How is she suddenly a dress designer?
It's really irritating how rich, well known people can just be like Mr Benn and change jobs all the time.

LtGreggs Mon 13-Feb-17 20:19:38

I think she has a design background doesn't she? And I read that she'd spent lots of time working stuff out with her own sewing machine and tailor's dummy.

It was a Times article and quite pro Sam Cam - I was quite sceptical, but pleasantly surprised when I looked at the website.

All those high-neckline blouse tops though - bit too much for me.

CaoNiMa Mon 13-Feb-17 20:32:39

Surely since she's a massive Tory, nobody expected her to make clothes for ordinary folk!

LilaGrace Mon 13-Feb-17 20:40:21

Surely since she's a massive Tory, nobody expected her to make clothes for ordinary folk!

hmm

CallarMorvern Mon 13-Feb-17 20:54:42

I wanted to hate, as I hate the Tories, but actually I quite like, especially the red dress that comes up on OP's link. Can't afford though, so my opinion is irrelevant

ChishandFips33 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:57:18

I like some of the pieces but not designs I would wear

Prices are off putting but I guess you're paying for her name

SirSidneyRuffDiamond Mon 13-Feb-17 21:08:14

I really like (and would wear) lots of the pieces. My feeling is that the price points are a little too high unless the fabrics and finishes are very good. I'll maybe wait for the sales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now