Talk

Advanced search

size 9 show help please!

(19 Posts)
FrogTime Mon 13-Feb-17 12:48:52

Hi!

I'm hoping the wisdom of MN can help me find some shoes for SIL.

She's got wide feet and is a size 9. She'd love some Dr Martens but can't get the more feminine styles in her size. She's only just 18 and her confidence isn't that high so I'd love to help her out and build her up a bit.

She needs shoes for 6th form and for general wear.

Please does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

slug Mon 13-Feb-17 14:14:32

Ted and Muffy may be a bit mature lady for her, but the metallic loafers are a bit on trend at the moment.

Brantano go up quite big but I can't comment on the width.

LurkingQuietly Mon 13-Feb-17 14:19:04

New Look! Up to a size 9 in most styles and a huge wide fit range. And affordable. What's not to love?!

marmiteloversunite Mon 13-Feb-17 15:27:00

Clarks do some styles up to a nine and have a wider width too. You can order them for home delivery in case she hates trying them on in store. My DD has size nines.

We went to Camden market at the weekend and the boot stores up there had larger sizes.

Uggs also do ladies shoes up to a ten.

It really is difficult for young girls with large feet though. I really sympathise. We often end up with men's shoes.

blue2014 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:37:33

Diechman up to size 10 and also Asda to size 9

marcopront Mon 13-Feb-17 17:38:05

Evans do large sizes with a range of widths. So do Yours.

BestIsWest Mon 13-Feb-17 17:41:10

DD is a 9 and has DMs in the Pascal leather. Because they are softer they look a bit more feminine.

ASDismynormality Mon 13-Feb-17 17:46:46

The DM store and website do sell most or all women styles in a size 9.

FrogTime Mon 13-Feb-17 18:10:30

Brilliant - thanks so much everyone. I was looking at DMs on schuh which is probably where I was going wrong!

I'll check out all the suggestions here - she often ends up in men's shoes and hates it so thank you for all your help!

MrsLogicFromViz Mon 13-Feb-17 18:11:06

I'm a 9 and can confirm that Doc Martens sell pretty much all of their styles in that size.

Swimminguphill Mon 13-Feb-17 19:12:49

Just saw these in her size Stans Smiths

Womble75 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:21:47

Simply Be do up to size 10 in wide fit with a MASSIVE range and next day delivery with all different brands as well as their own
Next and New Look do 9's in wide fit also
Evans I wouldn't bother - overpriced and fall apart
ASDA surprisingly good
Bon Prix online (and all their sister sites)

UnderneaththeArchers Mon 13-Feb-17 20:02:04

Tall Girls start from a 9 and go up smile.

ZestyDragon Mon 13-Feb-17 20:06:32

I am a size 9 wide foot. Simply Be or Viva La Diva are where I usually buy shoes from now - thought I did buy my first pair of DMs in 20 years this weekend smile

FrogTime Mon 13-Feb-17 20:47:12

Awesome!

Have passed on the tall girls website, looks very promising! She likes a few pairs on DM website so we're onto a winner there. She wanted the boots I've got but we didn't think she could get them, she can now as they have 9s!
Will check out simply be next, spoken to MIL and shes had Evans and yours before but they didnt last very long.

You guys are great - thank you!

CallarMorvern Mon 13-Feb-17 21:00:11

Yep, always go to the manufacturers websites first, as retailers often only list standard sizes. I wore men's Adidas for years as our sports shop only sold women's up to size 8, I didn't realise Adidas made women's 9s.
TKMaxx also sometimes have nice 9s, just watch the Euro sizes though, a 9 is a 43, not a 42 as some retailers seem to think.

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 13-Feb-17 23:44:46

La redoute are also good fir sizes 9 & 10

ExitPursuedBySpartacus Mon 13-Feb-17 23:46:29

My dd is a size 9. Hates it but copes.

Motherofhowmany Mon 13-Feb-17 23:54:29

ASOS do a lot of size 9s but I find online shopping for shoes a pain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now