Talk

Advanced search

Best shampoo for just starting to get greasy 9 yr old hair?

(9 Posts)
Missanneshirley Mon 13-Feb-17 08:40:27

I have 2 dds and I've just always used kiddie type shampoo on them - my eldest is 9 now and changes are upon us! Her hair is definitely greasy on the 2nd day after washing. I don't want to over wash, but I don't want her looking greasy either - any recommendations? Thanks!

Vandree Mon 13-Feb-17 09:55:02

I'd love to know this too. My 8 year olds hair is really long and thick and so greasy lately. Mine barely lasts a day honestly and its been like that since I was 12 no matter what I try or how long I leave it. I thought I would get some joy out of the Loreal clay shampoo. I used it on dd's hair and its still greasy after 2 days, not sure what else to try. I sometimes need to use H&S on her because with the amount of hair she has and the sweaty scalp she sometimes gets a flaky build up but it only seems to make her hair greasier. I was really hoping she didn't have my greasy hair or greasy face!

TheOnlyColditz Mon 13-Feb-17 09:56:15

Elvive clay shampoo - comes in a light turquiose bottle

AncoraAmarena Mon 13-Feb-17 10:05:11

The Body Shop ginger shampoo - absolutely the best thing I've found for my daughter's hair.

PurpleNurple69 Mon 13-Feb-17 10:11:05

Alberto Balsam green apple. Dirt cheap, smells delicious and really really good on greasy hair. My daughter had the same problem when she was little.

Sheusedtobesomeonelse Mon 13-Feb-17 10:48:15

I could have written your post, just the same situation here with DD1 who is 10!

She also has dandruff that has started at christmas time so got some H&S, i have found some improvement on the dandruff side but not so much on the greasy side.. I think i'll try that elseve clay one next!

I only wash my hair twice a week and up till recently that was enough for DD too - am a little lost now!

Any other tips for limiting greasyness welcome grin

Missanneshirley Mon 13-Feb-17 18:31:20

Thank you so much! My hair only lasts 2 days at a push and day 2 it gets a massive scoosh of dry shampoo so I suppose I'm not surprised, but she really hates getting hair washed so it's a pain for everyone!
I don't want her getting teased tho, it looks pretty bad. She was getting it done twice a week before and it's suddenly not enough!

mejon Mon 13-Feb-17 20:16:21

Does she rinse and repeat? I thought this was a load of old tosh but my 10yo's hair was very lank and greasy even straight after washing (I'd been letting her wash her own hair for a few months and she hasn't got the knack yet - clearly patting her hair 'clean' rather than rubbing in with her fingers!). I'm not sure if it's because her hair is very thick or if it has seemingly waterproof qualities, but the first wash rarely lathers and it needs far more than the 10p piece size experts advise Since doing a second shampoo, it lathers up and her hair feels squeaky clean and can go a couple of days at least before starting to look manky again.

Missanneshirley Mon 13-Feb-17 23:32:22

Oh I'll try that thank you! Yes I intervene with the washing whenever possible as dd does that too, shampoo on top but no actual scrubbing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now