Talk

Advanced search

Dry body brushing

(7 Posts)
DavetheCat2001 Mon 13-Feb-17 08:38:26

Anyone do this?

Does it improve the texture of your skin? I've seen some pics online that show it seems to help with cellulite/bumpy thighs etc.

BunnyDog Mon 13-Feb-17 18:33:43

I have been doing this for 6 months or so before shower/bath when I remember, not religiously though, prob once per week. I watched a video on You Tube to guide me. It makes my skin feel amazing, and helps with circulation I think. I also am prone to spots etc so it helps there to clear it a little. Not sure of the long term benefits, I haven't seen improvement in texture yet, but fingers crossed.

DavetheCat2001 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:52:22

Thanks BunnyDog

Can I ask which brush you bought? There seem to be so many to choose from, or does it not matter too much?

Does it make your skin feel sore at all?

prettywhiteguitar Mon 13-Feb-17 19:58:46

Cellulite can only go with exercise, body brushing will help exfoliate.

As soon as I started running I got rid of my cellulite, I've always been around an 8-10 and had cellulite on my legs and wondered why ! It's to do with toning your legs

BunnyDog Mon 13-Feb-17 20:15:33

I have the Body Shop round brush. My skin is pink afterwards (but I tend towards that anyway), and it feels quite harsh when you brush, but in a good way. Wakes you up.

DavetheCat2001 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:33:18

Yes I know that the only way to really deal with cellulite is exercise, and I do run a fair bit and actually my cellulite has improved vastly from that and eating healthily, and cutting right back on the booze.

I just wondered if the body brushing would help improve the appearance of the skin a bit as I am very pale skinned and think a bit of exfoliating might help improve their appearance (and a good dollop of fake tan in the summer too!)

Doobigetta Mon 13-Feb-17 20:34:45

I've been doing it for a couple of years. It got rid of my (mild) cellulite and has kept it away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now