Talk

Advanced search

Colours (highlight colour for wardrobe of neutrals)

(7 Posts)
Methenyouplus4 Sun 12-Feb-17 22:02:25

I've been working over the past 3 years of building a more neutral wardrobe so it's easy to mix and match without thought (work/4 kids/ very little spare time). My main colours are navy and grey with touches of cream/ khaki/ and a tiny bit of camel/baby pink.

I'm looking for a colour 'pop' for when I want to brighten things up-any ideas? Ideally something that would go with those neutrals. For what it's worth, I am white (very pale, easily look washed out) with blue eyes and brown hair.

ChishandFips33 Sun 12-Feb-17 22:24:14

Orange in its various shades or mustard?

ChishandFips33 Sun 12-Feb-17 22:36:24

Ignore the actual style of clothes!

Joinourclub Sun 12-Feb-17 22:40:55

A bright pinky, orange.

Maraki Sun 12-Feb-17 22:49:23

It depends on your skin tone. If you're warm toned, then coral, salmon, orange, tomato red. If you're cool toned, then pink, fuschia, purple, cherry red, duck egg blue. A pair of shoes or handbag in leopard print and a cross over bag in gold or silver.

Methenyouplus4 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:20:28

Cherry red sounds appealing. I tend to look a bit awful in orange.

How do I know if I'm warm/cool tone?

321zerobaby Mon 13-Feb-17 19:24:01

Maraki beat me to it, depends on your skin tone. We can guess at it, but best way is to have your colours done, house of colour/ colour me beautiful.

Is there any colours that you wear that always get compliments? What colour looks better against your skin, silver or gold? Do you have ash tones or warm tones in your (natural colour) hair?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now