Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for a pregnant person

(4 Posts)
HushHushBlackout Sun 12-Feb-17 16:38:11

I really really don't want anyone st work to find out I'm pregnant yet.

The trouble is that I usually am slim and wear tight jeans and tops. So I suddenly start wearing billowing stuff it will be very obvious.

I used to have a really lovely dark green cotton long sleeve Zara top with a v back that was just loose fitting but I've lost it and don't seem to be able to find anything similar.

I don't have a lot of cash and also once I am telling people I'll just wear what I did previously and have bump on show (did this in my other pregnancies so have stuff of suitable length etc)

Help!!!

pinkcardi Sun 12-Feb-17 17:02:59

I hid my second pregnancy from work until circa 20 weeks. I had 5 outfits that wore on rotation and no one noticed the lack of variety.

Apart from one knit skirt, and one dress, from 16weeks I wore black skinny maternity jeans with a vest over the top to hide the maternity band, and then my usual tops (less tight ones obviously) and bought two tops from H&M in a size up.

As it was cold I always wore a blazer (unbuttoned) which really streamlines and hides most of the bump.

I thought it was glaring obvious but not one person guessed. So obviously the hiding worked.

Softkitty2 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:14:37

Zara does oversized button down shirts.. It can hide your bump for a while

ShyOyster Sun 12-Feb-17 22:04:37

Blazers and tailored jackets. I chose to hide my pregnancy until 20 weeks too and similarly to pp, always used layers to disguise the bump. So: a vest, only slightly looser top on it and a blazer/cardigan/jacket over it. I love scarves and statement jewellery so wore a lot of that too, almost as a distraction grin but I wouldn't recommend it if it's normally not your thing.
Clothes mostly came from primark and new look, I wasn't on a hunt for quality, just short term disguise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now