Talk

Advanced search

Anything nice in Waitrose I should know about?

(57 Posts)
JLbaby Sun 12-Feb-17 15:14:42

I'm going away on Tuesday for the night and I'll be near a Waitrose - my nearest local one is about 35mins drive so I don't really ever go.

Are there any nice moisturisers/creams/shampoo/conditioners or anything else I should know about that I 'need' to buy?!

AwkwardSquad Sun 12-Feb-17 15:32:22

They sell Korres shower gel, which is very nice. I think they also stock some Neals Yard stuff. Personally I'd stock up on nice chocolate and biscuits, though grin

JoJoSM2 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:35:14

It's just a supermarket. If you're in more a rural area, perhaps you could order stuff online?

empirerecordsrocked Sun 12-Feb-17 15:36:35

Their own brand lip balm is nice but yes it's just a supermarket - nothing out of the ordinary.

Northernlurker Sun 12-Feb-17 15:40:00

The Waitrose own bath foam is nice.

Gobletofgin Sun 12-Feb-17 15:41:15

There's lots of nice toiletries in Waitrose, especially more natural ones. The waitrose own shower gels are cheap but lovely scents. I also like the Taylor's fruit tea bags.

PaulaBBB Sun 12-Feb-17 15:43:01

The yum yums smile three pack for about £1. Toffee filling is my favourite smile can eat whilst in the bath but don't put in the water lol

Fluffy40 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:44:04

Waitrose chocolate tart is to die for

AyeAyeFishyPie Sun 12-Feb-17 15:51:43

Salted Caramel doughnut. Better than sex.

flossisboss Sun 12-Feb-17 15:59:03

I really like their own 'Pure' skincare range.

Shukinskaya Sun 12-Feb-17 16:07:31

If you're a coffee fan I really like the Union House Blend they sell there.

JLbaby Sun 12-Feb-17 16:43:28

Thanks! Salted caramel doughnut, yum!!

SesameSparkle Sun 12-Feb-17 17:04:31

I also use a couple of things from their pure range as it's cheap. I like the face wash and the body lotion/body butter. The pure eye makeup remover was shit though. Also essential waitrose range has some nice smelling basics like chamomile and vanilla bubble bath and good body lotion too - although I stopped using when I tried to go sls/paraben free.

Eastwestbestrest Sun 12-Feb-17 17:16:18

Their baby bottom butter smells gorgeous and makes a good cheap night cream or body treatment.

Their own brand dials, shower gels and bubble baths are nice, particularly the ginger and clementine one.

They stock Burts Bees - all nice.

Eastwestbestrest Sun 12-Feb-17 17:16:38

Dials?? SOAPS!

Eatingcheeseontoast Sun 12-Feb-17 17:20:35

Waitrose picante sardines. Eat them don't put on face.

Whenasuitcasejustwontdo Sun 12-Feb-17 17:23:28

Lemon yum yums from the bakery counter. They are incredible!

Whenasuitcasejustwontdo Sun 12-Feb-17 17:25:09

Sorry, just seen that this is in style and beauty blush The yum yums, however, will give you a happy glow!

Soyouare2faced Sun 12-Feb-17 17:26:45

I second the baby bum cream !

BroomstickOfLove Sun 12-Feb-17 17:29:14

The bum cream and sardines are both great. Eating sardines is probably v good for the skin, so still appropriate for style & beauty.

JLbaby Sun 12-Feb-17 17:40:05

Hah I like the fact I've been recommended mostly food items in the style and beauty thread!!

I may need some new clothes in a larger size after eating all these lovely sounding food items.

AutumnalLeafs Sun 12-Feb-17 17:59:59

I like the fact I've been recommended mostly food items in the style and beauty thread

Waitrose isn't really like Tesco or Sainsbury's which tend to have big "chemist" type sections including makeup and stuff. It is basically a food store. They do have a "general chemist" type section (shampoos, sanitary stuff, razors, basic plasters etc) but it is very limited - at least in all the Waitroses near me.

The best thing about Waitrose is the food tbh - and hence the recommendations. I shop there regularly and I'm not even sure that they do "own label" type stuff in the chemisty section.

For my part, I'd add prepacked fruit and vegetables tend to be great quality and last A LOT longer than other brands. They sell a lot of really nice smaller brands products across all ranges - eg. like some lovely sauces and pickles - Stokes mayonnaise is to die for! I'd just go with an open mind and a big cool bag to cart stuff home! Have time to mooch around and hunt out the boutiquey food brands.

BringMeTea Sun 12-Feb-17 18:08:20

Yes! I am seldom in a Waitrose but was recently and bought a Richard Ward hair product which is brill! It's called something like 10 in one argan oil spray. I have been impressed. Only available at Waitrose afaik.

AyeAyeFishyPie Sun 12-Feb-17 19:50:12

Sorry - I didn't notice that it was S&B blush

BeaLola Sun 12-Feb-17 23:30:47

Their own range shower gels. Pear and freesia is lovely. I like Korres but buy online from M&S.

Yum yums are great too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now