Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Astral Face Cream

(20 Posts)
EatSpamAmandaLamb Sun 12-Feb-17 15:03:44

Does anyone use this? My friend gave me a pamper hamper when I was in hospital and a huge tub of Astral was in it. She swears by it but I hadn't got round to using it because I was half way through my usual cream. I have very dry, red, bumpy skin, could this help? I am tackling with various other treatments but wondered if Astral is decent?

BusterGonad Sun 12-Feb-17 15:27:36

Astral is very soothing and a bit greasy, not as greasy as the Nivea in the blue tin. I like it and find it really refreshing on the skin, I have dry skin. When I go on holiday I just use Astral or Nivea soft because you can use it in your face and body so saves room in the suit case. I don't live in the U.K. So when I visited in the summer I brought a huge tub home. I use it in my face and hands (unless on holiday)

Floisme Sun 12-Feb-17 15:44:15

I can't tolerate it at all - makes my face itch although funnily enough, blue tub Nivea is fine.

ButterChicken Sun 12-Feb-17 15:46:04

I like it.... I use it at night as its a bit heavier though. And for the price you can't go wrong...

BusterGonad Sun 12-Feb-17 15:50:07

Yes butter it makes a lovely night cream. It's also cruelty free.

EatSpamAmandaLamb Sun 12-Feb-17 16:02:19

I think I will give it a whirl in that case. I will try it out for a month or so and see how I get on. I need to stop this damn dryness!

BusterGonad Sun 12-Feb-17 16:10:02

If you wear make up and use it in the day it needs a little while to soak in.

ElmoNY Sun 12-Feb-17 16:14:03

I haven't used astral in years, but I have skin as you describe and recently started using Eucerin in a tub, it says its for dry skin on elbows and knees, but was in facial care section in Boots and have seen as good an improvement as I used to when I used Avene Hydrance, Eucerin is a lot cheaper though. Full name - Eucerin Dry Skin Replenishing Cream 5% Urea with Lactate & Carnitine 75ml.
Make up goes on really well over it without a primer too. Hope that helps.

Laiste Sun 12-Feb-17 17:02:09

I bought a tub of it last week on the strength of a thread here grin

It smells lovely. It was only 3.99 for a big tub. It feels lovely. I've been applying it on my neck and upper bust area every night and i think my skin there feels better. ( i have a morning moisturising routine but no night one).

millefeuille1 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:03:50

This has been a game changer for me. I started using it last summer and my skin has never been better. It does feel "heavy" but foundation goes on great and it doesn't cause breakouts on my (combination) skin. After years of expensive creams, this is a revelation.

CoolCarrie Sun 12-Feb-17 19:08:36

Astral is brilliant, I use it on face, hands and body every night, as it is a wee bit greasy for morning use. It has been around a long time which to me is a good sign.

SorrelSoup Sun 12-Feb-17 19:10:33

I had a thread about astral. Never had any problems with my skin but it brought me out in massive burns/sores around my face. I couldn't believe it as I thought it was supposed to be this lovely natural cream. Took about a month to clear up. Had to wait about an hour to out make up on too as it was so heavy.

Deathraystare Mon 13-Feb-17 08:00:45

I use it from time to time. I have a huge tub and am halfway through it. If my skin is very dry, I remove my face make up with it and also let my neck think it has a birthday by slathering it on there! Cannot use it all the time - doesn't make me flare up/bring me out in spots but sometimes does not feel 'right'.

Fairylea Mon 13-Feb-17 08:09:34

My mum absolutely swears by it, as does Joanna Lumley (? spelling?) i remember reading somewhere. It's much too greasy for me, but I think if you have dry skin it's supposed to be amazing.

BusterGonad Mon 13-Feb-17 08:20:24

It is definitely amazing for dry skin Fairy it's so soothing and like downing a pint of Coke with a hangover! 😂

echt Mon 13-Feb-17 08:35:51

Is Astral the Zoflora of face creams?

BusterGonad Mon 13-Feb-17 08:42:01

Yes echt old school but much loved. Ha ha

Lovelilies Mon 13-Feb-17 08:43:04

My 77 year old Mum uses it and she doesn't look too bad grin

BusterGonad Mon 13-Feb-17 09:54:25

I love the smell.

MrsMeeseeks Mon 13-Feb-17 09:57:50

Sadly, lanolin and liquid paraffin both break me out, so I can't use this bargain cure-all. Women who use Astral regularly always seem to have awesome skin, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now