Talk

Advanced search

I'm after new perfume for spring/summer....help!!

(15 Posts)
Badders123 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:02:38

Ok
So I tend towards the heavier perfumes;
Obsession
Opium
Cinnabar
Knowing
But they are too heavy (imo) for spring/summer
Ones I have had in the past;
Sun moon stars - I LOVED this no longer made sadly 😞
Nightmusk - Avon discontinued this. I wore it for years and got lots of compliments on it
Stella - it was ok would not buy again
Rose by paul smith - too floral

So I suppose I'm after something subtle and powdery floral/oriental

Off shopping on Tuesday - any suggestions?

NB: I don't like ANY Chanel perfume
Ditto Clinique and Liz Earle

Help!!

fiorentina Sun 12-Feb-17 20:02:22

Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia may fit the bill.

Badders123 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:07:22

Hmmm
I've never smelt any jo malone scents but I've heard people rave about them!
Where can one try them?

fiorentina Sun 12-Feb-17 20:25:10

Depends where you are, John Lewis, Selfridges, they have stand alone stores too.

VintagePerfumista Sun 12-Feb-17 20:26:25

Yo Badders!

Go and have a shufty on the Guerlain counters. Or the less well known Diors. I wear Dioressence and Diorissimo in summer quite a bit, they are less sultry than Miss Dior etc.

Or some of the Miller Harris scents might suit? I love Feuilles de Tabac. There are zillions of them, and it gets quite confusing but there seems to be something for everyone. Ditto L' Artisan Parfumeur- Seville a' 'aube? (orangey and lavendery and definitely not light in any way, yet summery somehow.

Or a "tainted" rose? Hippie Rose? (Heeley)?

I don't think Jo Malone would be your thing- they are very "clean" and tend towards soliflore either sweet or fresh. No sillage either. (I find Serge Lutens the same tbh, but that's sacrilege to say as he is very well loved on here grin)

Badders123 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:31:14

Hey. Vintage! 👋
Mmm guerlain...yes...I did like some guerlain scents
I've checked out no malone online and agree with vintage - doesn't sound like me, but thank you 💐
I want something subtle but with ooomph if that makes sense?

Badders123 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:31:54

Yes!
I totally like "dirty" rose scents blush

VintagePerfumista Sun 12-Feb-17 20:36:46

Hippie Rose- rose and patchouli- can verge on hairy biker if you're not careful
Mad Madame- JHAG-
Rose Alcane (can't remember who that is, came in a sample set)
Portrait of a lady (too pretty and powdery though I think)

If you ask the perfumistas, they will be able to give you a MUCH longer list grin Someone was definitely talking about a skanky rose recently!

Badders123 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:37:54

Do you have any musk recommendations?

Jmangel Sun 12-Feb-17 20:41:28

You have to try the new Narcisso Rodriquez for her edp in pink bottle called fleur de musc - it is STUNNING. I have finally found the perfume I have dreamed of for years. Only available in Selfridges at the moment.

VintagePerfumista Sun 12-Feb-17 20:47:31

Hmmm, apart from in-yer-face naked body musks from the 70s, the ones I know would be L'Air de Rien (although tbh, I don't get musk from that) Musc Ravageur (can't comment, have a sample, but not used it yet, it's touted as the sexiest fragrance on the planet though shock) I think Federic Malle Dans Tes Bras is musk as well, but again, I have an untried sample. blush

We are all currently raving over there about the Tauers- L'air du desert marocain, Au coeur du desert and Lonestar Memories are the 3 I have. More balsamy-eastern-oriental than musk itself, but if you like strong oriental and lots of sillage, they're heavenly. I am wearing them almost every day though, as I feel once spring springs they will be too heavy.

A quick google shows that Womanity by Mugler and Gucci by Gucci are also musks, but I don't know them.

Pestilentialone Sun 12-Feb-17 20:49:23

4160Tuesdays Lady rose lion or Who knew?
Or Mitsouko layered over coal tar soap.

Gymbunny86 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:49:52

Try Valentina by Valentino. I looked at in Debenhams for £55-60 and got the exact same on from home bargains for £20

Badders123 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:54:55

Oh! Thank you! Keep them coming!!...
I tried mitsuko...a bit too, dare I say, manly for me?
I shall check out Gucci and Valentino
You know when you know exactly what you want BUT have no idea where to find it!!?
Arghhh.....

London1975 Mon 13-Feb-17 07:40:19

Le labo, Rose 31
Narciso Rodriquez For Her ( black bottle)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now