Talk

Advanced search

Fringe disaste

(5 Posts)
Liiinoo Sun 12-Feb-17 10:22:08

I am so annoyed. My hair needed trimming so I booked my usual salon (small, only one FT stylist and one FT colourist). I have been going there for 15 + years as do a lot of my friends and the staff are like mates so it is a very social place. The colour could have gone another 3-4 weeks as it is a bit of bit of a trek from my house I also booked highlights and a tint.

When I arrived the stylist was off sick. He had been off colour for ages and had just been admitted to hospital. Obviously that can't be helped. My normal girl did the colour (spot on as usual) and I was offered a cut by one of the P/T stylists. I am very precious particular about my hair so declined the cut and just opted for a fringe trim (what could possibly go wrong?).

Oh my GOD!! First of all he dried my hair (worst blowdry ever, flat, frizzy, lasted two days). Then he did the fringe. First of all he cut the left side, it was slightly too long so he trimmed it a bit more to a better length. Then he cut the right side to a similar length. He proudly showed me the finished result in the mirror a.nd offered me hairspray. I pointed out (politely ) that a section in the middle was slightly longer than the sides, (that was an understatement, it hung down towards my nose in a V shape). He then trimmed that slightly shorter than the two sides!!!

At that point I murmured 'lovely thank you" and left. And of course I tipped him. For ruining my hair. 😳

I was hoping once I had washed and dried it myself it would improve but I have just finished and it's still awful. I have done a better job myself using kitchen scissors.
I know it's only a fringe and it will grow back, but it is hideous.

downwardfacingdog Sun 12-Feb-17 22:56:33

Oh dear. Maybe get it trimmed again (elsewhere) to an intentionally short fringe rather than just a bit short. It will look worse if it's curving down at the ends too - that always looks dodgy if short.

ChishandFips33 Mon 13-Feb-17 06:58:39

Oh this sounds so familiar - especially the tipping part. Why do we do it ffs!
Hope your stylist makes a quick recovery and you get it sorted

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Mon 13-Feb-17 07:03:57

How long does a blowdry normally last you lasted 2 days I must be a really active sleeper as I have birds nest hair next day!

Liiinoo Mon 13-Feb-17 21:13:33

Thank you everyone for your support. As you say, here's to a quick recovery to the lovely stylist. In a couple of weeks the worst of it will pass.

I can make a good blowdry last a week with dry shampoo and co-operative weather!

I don't think I could carry off cutting it super short - I am middle aged and quite vanilla. I think you need to be quirky and confident for those sort of fringes. Also, it would require to much eyebrow maintenance for someone as vain but lazy as me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now