Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"Smart casual" party, would,like a dress not jeans!

(10 Posts)
myheadsamess Sat 11-Feb-17 22:42:22

In the middle of losing weight (hopefully) so have nothing that fits. Seem to live in jeans but hate them, much prefer skirts and dresses.

It's my lovely friends 40th party in a couple of weeks at a lovely hotel and I'd like to look good as recently separated after 18yrs blushgrin

Probably cant spend more than about £50, have shoes in various colours styles.

Am 5ft 6"" size 16, I would say hourglassy but am maybe being optimistic maybe more blobbylike. I just don't know where to start as don't know what/who I am!

Lucked Sat 11-Feb-17 22:55:21

I would go navy or black and get a statement necklace

Perhaps a dress like this asos one

Lucked Sat 11-Feb-17 22:57:13

The navy is reduced.

Fink Sat 11-Feb-17 22:57:52

What are your best features, what parts of your body would you like to emphasise? Are there any you would particularly like loosely covered? Any colours?

myheadsamess Sun 12-Feb-17 00:16:11

Ooh Lucked Im sorry but I don't like that at all - I think I'd feel/look like a convict blush

myheadsamess Sun 12-Feb-17 00:19:10

Fink - my legs are ok, but thighs are huge! Hate my arms grin
Love colour but also black, exdh hated colour so I'm trying to wear a bit more of it! Although he was usually right about what suited me goddammit hmm

LoupGarou Sun 12-Feb-17 00:21:37

After a recommendation on here I bought a couple of these, I was a bit skeptical but for the price thought it was worth a go. They are amazing, fantastic quality, beautiful fit and look much nicer on, the photos do not do them justice at all.

www.amazon.co.uk/d/Womens-Clothing/Glamour-Empire-Womens-V-Neck-Jersey-Pencil-Pockets/B013ULJO0M/ref=pd_sbs_193_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=4F734C5W6G7KAVF67D7Z&th=1&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

ChishandFips33 Sun 12-Feb-17 00:24:25

Do you like certain colours or patterns/floral?

Can you show us a pic of your favourite shoes (would you be wearing those to the party?)

EatSpamAmandaLamb Sun 12-Feb-17 00:28:19

www.lindybop.co.uk/dresses-c1/swing-jive-dresses-c3/sinead-london-traffic-jam-print-swing-dress-p3266

RarelyInfallible Sun 12-Feb-17 03:54:27

Have a look at Blue Banana dresses on Amazon. Lots of dresses similar in style to the Asos one above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now