Talk

Advanced search

Seriously considering a tummy tuck anyone got any advice/wise words

(8 Posts)
Racheyg Sat 11-Feb-17 17:41:01

Hi,
Ive been a yo yo dieter all adult life and as a result have excess skin. I am now about 10st 6lb and really struggling with further weight loss. I do 4 spin classes a week and 2 circuit classes.

Oh adamant he doesn't want any more dcs (we have 2 ds) so it's left me seriously considering a tummy tuck. I have a consultation on Wednesday.

Anyone got advice/wise words things to ask ect

Thanks all

Disabrie22 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:49:46

I posted something similar a while ago - would be interested in what consultant says - good luck.

sailawaywithme Sat 11-Feb-17 20:33:09

I had one two weeks ago, after 3 massive babies and severe recti diastasis. I only wish I'd done it 12 months ago. Recovery has been slow but relatively pain-free and already I'm down a dress size. I no longer look pregnant 🍾🍾

Racheyg Sat 11-Feb-17 20:40:07

sail I'm really happy for you. It's a big decision I think the reason I'm worried is because of the GA. can I ask if you know how much fat they removed? Is it worse than c section?

brie what made you not go ahead? Or are u still deciding?

sailawaywithme Sat 11-Feb-17 23:08:20

They took about 6lbs of skin/fat, which doesn't sound much, but the difference is staggering. I too was worried about GA but really the risks are very low. My only regret is waiting so long!

EatSpamAmandaLamb Sun 12-Feb-17 00:21:37

I have had 6 babies and I'm wrecked in the tummy department. I have been very ill for a couple of years so haven't been able to workout as I had in the past so I have lost a lot of muscle tone. I'm giving myself this year to try and get sorted and then I'm going to book a consultation.
Can I ask what the cost is (I assume it differs according to requirements but a ballpark figure would be great).
Can you drive afterward? Or is it like a c-section?

Welshgirl40 Sun 12-Feb-17 09:57:52

May I ask where you had your op? Just starting research for one myself.

Racheyg Sun 12-Feb-17 10:30:06

Thanks for the info sail I'm really really considering it. Did you have lipo as well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now