Talk

Advanced search

Eye make up beginner

(5 Posts)
Mumwhoneedsadvice Sat 11-Feb-17 17:10:22

Hello,

I would say I'm good at my actually make up the only problem is i am rubbish at my eyemake up!
I have been looking at beauty bay at the Morphe brushes as they are very reasonably priced.
I've been on you tube tutorials and they say inner around 15 different types of brushes... I don't know where to start with it all.

I am getting married in Mexico in September and I want to do it myself.
Can anyone help with any advice.
I have hooded eyes so I find dark colours look very panda on me. Looking for a nice bridal colour (soft pink, soft brown)

Thank you ladies in advance smile

stevemolly Sat 11-Feb-17 17:16:03

Join mrsglossandthegoss on Facebook - it's got loads of mumsnetters on who can help.

Mumwhoneedsadvice Sat 11-Feb-17 17:24:40

Thank you!
I've requested to join :-)

Poppins2016 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:27:52

When I got married last year, I used the Naked3 palette by Urban Decay, along with their original 'primer potion':

www.urbandecay.co.uk/en_GB/what-s-new/shop-by-persona/for-your-s.o.--significant-other-/naked3/604214919006.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAifvEBRCVx5up6Ojgr5oBEiQALHw1TiSrqRyiHVsET_CS16mVlroEED_WoGAaZ-Zj8j-x7BYaApQl8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COqr2trGiNICFVUy0wodtukACA

The colours go on nicely and (most importantly) stay put! Lots of soft/natural pinks and browns.

I can also recommend Urban Decay's 'Perversion' mascara.

The brush that comes in the palette is all I ever use for doing my eye make up (including using the darker colours as an eye liner).

Llamallann Sat 11-Feb-17 17:35:34

Congrats on your wedding OP! I would say I'm still at the beginner stage with eyes too. I got the morphe vegan brush set for Xmas - I love it! I have also started using the Naked 3 pallete and would highly recommend it for the colours you want. Lovely rosy gold and pink tones. The double ended brush with it is excellent I've found. I also use the morphe blending brush with it too. Lots of YouTube tutorials on the naked 3 as well! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now