Talk

Advanced search

Give me a run down on your products over 45s

(9 Posts)
MaryQuant Sat 11-Feb-17 16:40:59

If you are over 45 what make up products do you use?

Take me through 'your' face -looking for ideas as feel current look is not doing me any favours.

Deathraystare Sun 12-Feb-17 10:26:54

Errr.... let's see.

I have just bought the Bourjois foundation ? City Radiance.

Bobbie Brown Sand Foundation stick.

I have the fair Laura Gellar Balance and Glow baked powder foundation. This is the only one that doesn't go yucky in the rain/when me eyes stream -which is a lot.

I also like the Bourjois serum foundation.

I have a Tarte foundation which is quite full coverage but very nice.

I rarely use blusher/bronzer if working as no time but also I have enough colour really.

I sometimes use a Laura Geller highlighter.

I always use waterproof mascara as I have very watery eyes. For that reason I also use pencil eyeliner. I use mascara & liner only on upper lid. My favourite mascara at the moment is a Revlon one with a blue cap.

Eye make up-bit lazy at the moment - either one of the brony shades froma tarte palette or from Bobbi Brown. I have to avoid reddish browns that make my eyes red.

Lipsticks - well I have a lovely lip balm thing from Kiko which has a bit of colour. Other than that a few of those chubby lip crayons -Nars, Revlon etc but today am reunited with Estee Lauder's signature lipstick Apricot Sun.

I sometimes use a primer or a cream (cannot remember the make) Auger?? Which is lovely and makes lines blur.

I buy from MUA and Collection, Bourjois, Revlon, Soap and Glory all the way through to Estee lauder/Nars/Dior etc.

I wear make up everyday (for myself) on work days but less likely to on non working days - oh except brow pencil which is a must (where the hell have my brows gone???!!) Brow pencils from Rimmel/Benefit/Soap and Glory/Laura Geller. Eye liners from Rimmel/Soap and Glory/Elizabeth Arden/Bourjois.

Deathraystare Sun 12-Feb-17 10:27:52

Basically I just need to emphasise my eyes and brows. Both need definition.

dalek Sun 12-Feb-17 11:26:38

Not make up but serum. The Estee Lauder brown bottle

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123010010899?CMP=SSH&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=7583728&placmp=SSH_2361363232_297770301_24110754741&mkwid=sWXczPxX1%7Cpcrid%7C102642018981%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cpdv%7Cc%7Cprd%7C7583728&gclid=CIPF6Zi5itICFS8z0wodoiEFwA

Have not used for a couple of years as DH lost his job and it is expensive. Got some for Christmas and have started using again - can't believe the difference in my skin - it just looks better and I rarely need foundation now.

MaryQuant Tue 14-Feb-17 20:49:11

Thanks both some ideas there -
Currently using Clinique foundation - don't think it is doing much for my skin
Smash box primer
Any brown eyeliner
LizEarle mascara in brown
Need something on my brows because they have gone sparse but feel very overdone when I try to pencil them
Bourjois blush - again not sure it is doing much -stopped using cream blush as it made me look clowny-but maybe it was ok
Stopped using bright lipsticks and currently using a bobbie brown gloss
Wish I could wear red lipstick but feel I look slightly mad
Just don't feel I look like I am enhancing myself these days
Not too many wrinkles , but reddish patches around nose and cheeks open pores
Just want to look a bit more polished

BadlyDrawnBuoy Tue 14-Feb-17 21:29:57

I use the Beca Backlight Primer and it's brilliant stuff - gives a good perky glow.
Foundation is By Terry
Mac mineralize powder
Nars Laguna bronzer
Bobbi Brown pot rouge or Nars Deep Throat
I dye my own eyebrows every couple of weeks using refectocil
Laura mercier tight liner
Clinique tubing mascara
Bobbi brown lipstick - it's a 'my lips but better' shade - ask the counter girls and they'll match you properly.

busyboysmum Tue 14-Feb-17 21:37:41

Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Ageing Foundation SPF 15 - 107 Beige. Love this foundation.
Bobby Brown cream eyeshadow in slate.
Nars primer.
Nars Laguna bronzer.
Lancome mascara.
Lip gloss.
I'm 47 and the above gives me a fairly natural look.

TheFirstMrsDV Tue 14-Feb-17 21:38:07

I use a ton of stuff because I like products.
Pixie Glow toner and Alpha Gold are two of my favourites. They really help my skin.
I use a really cheap face powder by Technic. It looks like talc but its super light and and doesn't settle in lines. Its just enough to take a sheen off and set make up.

I mix and match brands but the products I use are : toner, serum, day cream, oil in the morning.
Acid toner, serum, night cream, oil in the evening.

I use any cleanser with a muslin cloth and cleanse twice at night, once in the morning.

I think the double cleansing and acid toners have been the best thing for my skin. I find I can use much cheaper moisterisers than previously.

I don't know what to do with my eyes now they appear to have shrunk shock

TheFirstMrsDV Tue 14-Feb-17 21:41:21

SORRY!
I misread blush

Make up wise I use MAU, Clarins, No7 and anything nice I get in beauty boxes.
I have a Rodil BB cream, beige cream blush, setting powder, MAU pallet in neutrals, browny/black mascara and have just started using a brow cream by benefit.
I like neutral/pinky lips.

Not very exciting and I could do with a refresh.

When I go out I go for more of a 60s/rock chic look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now