Talk

Advanced search

Clever S&B people - please help me find some trousers

(12 Posts)
HabitualLurker Sat 11-Feb-17 15:37:24

Way back in the dim and distant past of the year 2000, in the land of boot cut jeans, lived a 21 year old lass. She had money to spend on clothes and time to find trousers that fit her rather generous thighs.

Fast forward 17 years, the lass is no longer so young, has no time to shop, and her beloved wool wide-leg flares from Mango are about to wear through in the crotch. Charming.

Do such trouser garments exist these days? I have the impression that shapes are moving away from skinny (yay, no more parsnips) to something a little more flowing. Please tell me I can just go back to Mango again and buy up their trouser stock grin, or if not then point me in the right direction? I'm after wool trousers, loose in the thigh and flared all the way down. My budget is more h&m than Whistles.

Thank you clever people!

mybrainhurtsalot Sun 12-Feb-17 02:50:07

Bumping for you as I too would like to know where these can be found. I had a wonderful pair in a firm cotton twill fabric too - so flattering.

Have you checked eBay? I've managed to buy replacements of favourite clothes and bags from there.

BikeRunSki Sun 12-Feb-17 05:49:58

I can't wear narrow trousers either. Not wool sadly, but I have recently bought, and love these:
black wide legs for work
And for non-formal work or home says, these navy cotton wide legs

I still yearn for some grey wool widelegs I had from White Stuff about 8 years ago. Unfortunately being White Stuff they only lasted 2 mins.

BikeRunSki Sun 12-Feb-17 05:54:26

Anything here?

Swimminguphill Sun 12-Feb-17 07:20:55

These are in th Hush sale www.hush-uk.com/m/sale_1/daywear_2/trousers/mila_trousers_navy_white_pinstripe.htm you can get an extra 10% off with the code LAST10

Swimminguphill Sun 12-Feb-17 07:26:34

M&S get a slating on here but they have a few wide leg styles you might want to look at - this one www.marksandspencer.com/button-front-textured-wide-leg-trousers/p/p22502476?image=SD_01_T59_6126_T4_X_EC_90&color=GREYMIX&prevPage=plp or this www.marksandspencer.com/wide-leg-ponte-trousers/p/p22495897?image=SD_01_T59_6024_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp or this www.marksandspencer.com/wide-leg-trousers/p/p22470628?image=SD_01_T59_6299W_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp however, none of the above are wool (this is one of the things people gripe about) but I have a pair of light fabric wide legs from M&S that I love and honestly I don't care that they aren't natural fibres...

HabitualLurker Wed 22-Feb-17 14:08:47

Thanks everyone, I completely failed to notice I had replies!
The closet London pair look rather nice, thanks BikeRunSki. They're slightly more flared than the other pairs, which appeals.
Ive tried eBay in the past (for Mooch jeans for instance - anyone remember them?!) but these trousers are nearly 20 years old.

mybrainhurtsalot Wed 22-Feb-17 15:05:22

I tried on some Gap wide leg trousers last week. They were a nice shape but I thought the material looked a bit synthetic in real life (they were a cotton modal blend).

Wide leg knit pants

Available in various neutral colours.

HabitualLurker Wed 22-Feb-17 15:13:43

Ooh, I quite like the look of those. Not many sizes left though.

minipie Wed 22-Feb-17 15:25:20

I've had a few pairs of trousers like that from White Stuff. I wear them for work. Will have a look and see whether they have anything similar at the moment.

minipie Wed 22-Feb-17 15:34:35

No, nothing at White stuff right now (but worth checking out in future).

However Esprit has quite a few contenders. And they categorise their trousers by fit! hooray!

Robin7 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:26:58

Toast? Often on ebay if you don't want to pay toast prices though..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now