Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

eye lash extentions

(5 Posts)
wheelsanddollbaby Wed 28-Feb-07 09:16:18

Has anyone had eye lash extentions?
I had some a month ago and it was the most horrific experience of my life. Worse than childbirth!
They stung constantly whilst they were being applied. Then barely looked different than my natural lashes with lots of mascara on. I could not sleep and had to take pain killers for the constant pain. After two days my eyelids where extremely swollen and I could not remove the eyelashes not matter what I tried. I was too scared to go back to the salon and get them removed as they were so rough when they applied them that I could imagine how bad it would be for them to come off. At one point I almost went to casualty as it was as if my eyelashes had been superglued together and onto my eyelids. After much vaseline and warm water I managed to cut off the my eyelashes with nail scissors and a razor.
I would never ever have eyelash extentions and would like to know if I am the only one who has had such a bad experience.

Whoooosh Wed 28-Feb-07 09:19:10

Oh you poor thing.
I had them but didn't have anything like you describe-all of mine fell off one side first (the side I sleep on) and the others followed fairly quickly.
A huge waste of money IME.

hoolagirl Wed 28-Feb-07 09:21:44

Oh my god, that sounds horrific.
I haven't had them myself, but trained a few years back in putting them on, but only temporary false ones, so not sure if same thing.
We were always aware of the customers comfort what with it being the eyes etc!
Do you think you were allergic to the glue they used or were they rough as anything.
I would definetly have went back to the salon and complained, if it had affected your day to day living you would certainly have a claim against them.

wheelsanddollbaby Wed 28-Feb-07 19:51:07

Yes they were very rough and I think I may have reacted to the glue as well. I will never go back to the salon and would never consider suing as they may not take kindly to this type of action and it would be hard to prove now, as I took no photo's and did not seek any medical advice. The ridiculous thing is that I naturally have very long thick dark lashes and the extensions did nothing to enhance my eyes in anyway more than a coat of mascara does. Four weeks on I still only have lashes that are 2mm long but I am pain free and my eyelids can breathe.

greenday Wed 28-Feb-07 19:56:48

I think you were unlucky and they didn't do a professional job. I've done it once but none of your experience. Wouldn't do it again though, they didn't stay on long enough to make my money's worth and worse of all, I felt like a drag queen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: