Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Corn Silk Original Satin Loose Powder

(5 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Sat 11-Feb-17 14:12:41

My MIL has informed me that this seems to be discontinued. She usually brings me some as I am in Australia & I can't get it here. Has anyone found a translucent powder tat is a nice nude colour & doesn't change the colour of your foundation?

Deathraystare Mon 13-Feb-17 08:12:32

I think I may have seen it still in some branches of Boots. I used to like it until I realised it gave my skin a greyish cast. Now I use either Bare Minerals (not so much now) or Laura Geller Blanace and Glow. I think Bare Minerals would be quite similar? But you would have to know your skin colour.

PossumInAPearTree Mon 13-Feb-17 08:17:51

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2805327-corn-silk-powder-suddenly-tripled-in-price

JessicaEccles Mon 13-Feb-17 14:20:40

Amazon were still selling it. Avon do a very nice HD face powder, that has no colour but the same texture.

Aquamarine70 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:01:04

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will hsve to find an alternative. Such a shame as a few years ago there was a news paper article saying how good it was & it was sold out for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now