Talk

Advanced search

If facial exercises work...

(5 Posts)
BlueFolly Sat 11-Feb-17 12:01:15

Why aren't there more convincing before and after photos online?

Also, how come everyone doe st do it, given you could save thousands on plastic surgery?

Anyone else tried it and have any recommendations?

SlowDoris Sat 11-Feb-17 12:16:08

Well the answer to your second question is that it takes time and effort. In the same way some people will go for liposuction, tucks etc rather than exercising themselves into shape.
I bought a Carole Maggio book but gave up doing the exercises fairly quickly. I'm quite self disciplined about lots of things but I didn't manage to keep that one up. There was an element of woo to the book which put me off a bit - but it was pennies from Amazon marketplace and I'm sure they would have an effect if you did the exercises as prescribed.

mowglik Sat 11-Feb-17 12:25:59

I agree with the unconvincing before and after pictures - sometimes I barely see a difference. I do occasionally do facial exercises though and it has made a permanent difference to my lips which were thinning in my early 30s.

I keep meaning to do the cheek ones more regularly though as I do believe it makes a difference, and it has in the past when I was more diligent with it. The only drawback is, unlike surgery, its not a quick fix and is something you have to keep up which is probably why a lot of people dont do it.

I use Ageless if you dare - not sure if this is available anymore though, but Im sure there are loads of other programmes around.

BlueFolly Sat 11-Feb-17 12:28:33

Some of the before and afters are actually photoshopped, where every single strand of hair is the same except for a photoshopped out double chin!!!

madmomma Sat 11-Feb-17 20:20:44

I swear by facercise. I don't think the science/woo matters really. It absolutely keeps the wolf from the door for me. Any time I watch telly I do them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now