Talk

Advanced search

Clarins skincare recommendations for HofF offer

(14 Posts)
Honey1975 Sat 11-Feb-17 08:06:02

House of Fraser have an offer on Clarins and I like all the free gifts they are offering so I'd like to buy 2 products.
One needs to be skincare - could anyone recommend something nice for dryish 40+ year old skin that's tired and in need of a bit of tlc.

Also any recomendations for another Clarins product so I can get the free gift? I would like some make up that will make me look healthier, less tired & haggard!
I have some vouchers so want to treat myself. Thanks

actiongirl1978 Sat 11-Feb-17 08:50:50

I was given a weeks sample of the double serum and honestly I hadn't realised how crap my skin was looking, because a week later, my lines on my forehead look reduced, my crease between my eyebrows is plumped up and i look genuinely much better.

I am 39 and facial people always tell me i have dehydrated skin, but I didn't know why as I put a bit of mouisturiser on everyday. Well it seems that wasn't enough!

If I was treating myself to some clarins, I would get some of the blue perfume and some double serum. Or the fake tan gel is good. And I like the oil you put on your skin in the shower.

Enjoy!

LadyintheRadiator Sat 11-Feb-17 08:51:17

I love Clarins. I'd get the Blue Orchid oil if your skin is dehydrated as well as dry and some Instant Concealer - this makes me look less tired, even skin toned, and just, 'better'! Get colour matched if you can i usually have one of the palest foundation colours but needed a 2 in the concealer.

Brillenbar Sat 11-Feb-17 08:59:19

Blue orchid facial oil - smells like you've had a lovely facial, doesn't give me spots which other facial oils do and makes skin feel properly plumped

I use 9 drops every other night and a bottle lasts about 8 months

madmomma Sat 11-Feb-17 10:17:14

The neck cream is lovely, and the body lotions.

Honey1975 Sat 11-Feb-17 11:02:55

Thank you for the ideas. Actiongirl I think I have dehydrated skin too and never feel moisturised even after using moisturiser. How does the double serum work - is it for every day?
I was thinking of the Daily Energizer Cream - anyone use that?
I have the blue perfume already - love that.

What about a bronzer type thing for healthy colour? I feel so haggard😩

Mcmcmcmc Sat 11-Feb-17 11:19:40

The self tanning milk and self tanning drops are very good - the body version of the drops has the same formula as the one for face and works out cheaper.

chloechloe Sat 11-Feb-17 11:25:46

What about the Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster, sounds like just what you're looking for. You put a couple of drops in your moisturiser for a bit of a tan. I haven't tried it but it's on my list as I've heard lots of good things about it.

Brillenbar Sat 11-Feb-17 14:23:30

Does anyone actually k ow what is in the free gift please?

Tanaqui Sat 11-Feb-17 14:31:33

I think the daily energiser is for
Younger skin- think it is extra firming for 40s skin!

FedupNagging Sat 11-Feb-17 14:38:09

I love Clarins, I've tried other skincare products over the years but always return to Clarins.

The blue orchid oil is indeed lovely and to brighten skin, I use Instant Light radiance which can be used on it's own or under foundation.

Can also recommend the exfoliator and foaming cleanser

I'm older than you with dry skin - was told recently the energizer range was for younger skin!

FedupNagging Sat 11-Feb-17 14:40:52

Cross post with Tanaqui - the SA was really pushing all the anti-ageing products when I was in recently, I didn't think I had that many wrinkles grin

CheeseEater Sat 11-Feb-17 22:02:46

I use a lot of Clarins products and agree with the recommendations above for concealer, blue orchid oil, serum and foaming cleanser (I use the shea butter one as the other one dried my skin out). I'm the same age as you and like the multi active night cream and the orange two step cleanser (like a micellar water type of thing) too. The eyeliners are good and stay on well but I don't use much else from their make up range.
I'm off to get my freebies on Monday!!

actiongirl1978 Sun 12-Feb-17 10:11:30

Sorry forgot to check back and post! The serum is supposed to be used every day I think.

However I discovered the price yesterday and think I might try to find an alternative!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now