Talk

Advanced search

Return and Repurchase

(13 Posts)
Kathmandu12 Fri 10-Feb-17 23:41:29

Ok, on the topic of saving money. (Because I really need to, and I need clothing like I need a hole in my head)

Suppose you bought something and then after some time, you see it on sale, and it's still within the returns period.

Would you return and repurchase? If so, how much should the new price be to be worth the effort?

CointreauVersial Fri 10-Feb-17 23:47:32

Absolutely - have done it on many occasions.

I wouldn't bother for a few pounds, but any more than, say, a £10 difference is fair game.

Sometimes you don't have to actually return and repurchase - the store will refund the difference.

munchkinmaster Sat 11-Feb-17 07:10:25

I do this and have no shame

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sat 11-Feb-17 07:16:13

I do this. Cashier in Tesco once made me feel like shit about it, after trying to hide the new lower price when I was innocently trying to exchange for a different size hmm. Oh yes, let me please exchange this item for full price even though it is now half the previous cost.

MoreThanUs Sat 11-Feb-17 07:17:00

Of course - I've done it.

Dulcimena Sat 11-Feb-17 07:27:10

Absolutely. This happened recently - something I'd bought online was reduced by a further £50 on the day I took delivery of it. I called the company to ask for a price adjustment but they advised to return and reorder - daft and absolutely no benefit to them as it was free delivery and free returns.

GirlOverboard Sat 11-Feb-17 07:28:11

Of course. Whether the reduction was £2 or £200 I'd always do this, if convenient.

chanie44 Sat 11-Feb-17 07:52:49

I do this too. Last year, I bought a top and saved £20. A couple of weeks later, it was reduced by an extra £10. I didn't take it back because it wasn't convenient as it would have taken 2 hours and a minimum of £5 in parking and petrol.

QforCucumber Sat 11-Feb-17 07:56:17

Dp and i did this with my engagement ring haha. The day after he proposed i took it in as it was too big, he noticed it was £300 off in a sale. Thats a weeks wage to each of us. They refunded the difference. Couldn't believe it.
I'd factor in fuel/parking costs. Anything over £10/ £15 difference I'd probably do it for.

BusterGonad Sat 11-Feb-17 09:16:06

I always do this, I took a dress back in Topshop and got a refund and it was the last one in my size, the lady at the till wouldn't let me rebuy it at the new price so after work I blatantly went straight to the sale rack and repurchased it! If I've already worn the item I repurchase the sale one, remove the reduced sticker and return it with the receipt for the full price one! 😂 I'm a real bargain hunter. My friend bought some Dior sunglasses that broke after a few weeks from TK max and lost the receipt but they were still in stock so I suggested to rebuy and use the new receipt and wait a week, she did and got her money back.

barefoofdoctor Sat 11-Feb-17 09:46:31

Absolutely!

Mollylove Sat 11-Feb-17 10:26:45

I've done this recently with both Laura Ashley and Ted&muffy - both online purchases but the savings were huge so well worth a trip to the post office!

BlueFolly Sat 11-Feb-17 11:49:55

Of course

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now