Talk

Advanced search

So if I was a Clear spring 20 years ago?

(10 Posts)
Blastandtroph Fri 10-Feb-17 15:03:22

Been reading through a zombie thread on here of fellow 'springs'. I had my colours done a couple of decades ago (CMB) and have tended to shop accordingly since. However I've subsequently aged and greyed over the years! Just wondering if my colour is likely to have changed or will I stay true?

For background, a recent lipstick of the day thread has prompted me to re-engage with all this and I want to use my colour palette to start to update my look - seriously overdue!

ilovecherries Fri 10-Feb-17 16:17:09

I don't know the answer but was similarity categorised by CMB 20 odd years ago, and nothing in my wallet suits me now

Fuzzypeggy Fri 10-Feb-17 16:17:10

You will def stay spring but within the season you can change with age, as skin and hair changes.

Fuzzypeggy Fri 10-Feb-17 16:18:59

Interestingly enough, my hoc consultant told me that a lot of women think they have changed season as they get older but they haven't. It's often just that they're dying their hair to a shade that isn't right for them and doesn't look good with their palette.

Blastandtroph Fri 10-Feb-17 16:42:00

Ilovecherries now I find the opposite, most of my swatches still suit me and I still use these consciously for clothes shopping now.

Fuzzy that's interesting. I've stopped dying now as have my hair cropped very short. I'm well over 50% grey now but my natural hair colour is still quite dominant.

As the colours still suit I'm going to base my make up choices on that. Plan to try out MAC Crosswires lipstick as had read in a zombie thread that it's a good choice for clear springs!

ilovecherries Fri 10-Feb-17 17:35:14

To be honest, I'm not sure I liked myself in a lot of them even twenty years ago. I've got a lot of yellow, red, coral (although I think it's called watermelon) and bright green. I remember at the time thinking the condultant had given me the wrong wallet - I called her back a couple of weeks later to ask send her number was disconnected! I didn't ask at the time because I was so stunned by the orange foundation and green eyeshadow. I've been thinking of going yo HoC and having a redo.

Fuzzypeggy Fri 10-Feb-17 17:45:52

Sounds like you might benefit from it cherries, that consultation sounds awful!

Blastandtroph Fri 10-Feb-17 18:19:36

I had my style done by CMB a few years after my colours. I think we might have had the same consultant cherries!

HectorAndKiki Fri 10-Feb-17 18:41:20

blast I was a clear spring with CMB as well (mine was 27years ago, though) and this is the thread I wish I'd written! Thanks for doing it for me! 😀

Alidoll Wed 15-Feb-17 15:36:53

I now take the whole CMB thing with a pinch of salt. My mum got the book right at the very beginning (from her sister in Canada) and before there were ever consultants over here in the U.K.

She convinced herself that both of us were "summers". I had my colours done and lo, was told I was a summer by one of their consultants.

Roll on a few years and was at a seasonal update. Told at that point I wasn't a summer but a spring so used that palette for a while but still didn't look right..

Then got my colours analysed a third time and that rolled up as a clear.

At no point during these assessments did I have coloured hair. Skin tone hadn't changed and not wearing contacts etc..so I'd been 3 different colour palettes.

My mum was the same moving from a cool summer initially to a soft summer but now not suiting any of those muted colours.

Now I just pick items I like rather than double checking with CMB colours as simply don't trust their opinion now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now