Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I want to get a Mulberry bag, where do I start?

(26 Posts)
OhBlissOhJoy Thu 09-Feb-17 23:26:03

I'm possibly coming into some money in the next few months and have decided to treat myself to one extravagance that I would never normally consider. I've always wanted a Mulberry bag but my sensible side can't really justify going to a store and paying the full price! I know they have store outlets for unsold stock but I can only really shop online. Ebay seems like a minefield for fakes.
Much as I love the Bayswater it's bigger than I need, I want more of a evening bag - something that I can take to the pub rather than to a posh do. I like the Lily in their current range but not so keen on metal straps. Can anyone give me any advice please?

witwootoodleoo Fri 10-Feb-17 00:26:13

The outlets always used to be happy to post stuff if that helps and often have reasonably current stock, perhaps in older colours.

Bear in mind that a lot of Mulberry bags are really heavy - so much so it puts me off using some of mine.

I do however love my small Bayswater satchel - perfect size for an evening in the pup or trip to the shops and can be dressed up or down

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 10-Feb-17 00:33:29

Are you close to a House of Frasier? The one in my town has a Mulberry concession. Maybe you could go there, see the actual bags and order from a proper outlet.

MooMinCow Fri 10-Feb-17 07:31:54

I was at the Bicester outlet yesterday and they have loads of styles there in nice colours (Lily, Cara etc) if you want more of the traditional Mulberry bags I would go there as They seem to be clearing all the older stock now the new designer has taken over.

OhBlissOhJoy Fri 10-Feb-17 09:40:16

Well, doing my "research" last night after posting this and after drinking a few more wines I stupidly bought a bag on ebay - despite my comment about it being a minefield for fakes. Which no doubt it is.

PNGirl Fri 10-Feb-17 10:44:09

Try the authentication thread on The Purse Forum:

forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-mulberry.901871/page-652

They will tell you.

If it is a fake, I recommend either:

www.npnbags.co.uk/

or

labelsmostwanted.co.uk/

OhBlissOhJoy Fri 10-Feb-17 10:47:44

Thank you so much PN, I'm feeling rather sheepish this morning.
Fortunately it was described as brand new with tags and as an authentic bag so if I find out it isn't then it is at least covered by the ebay guarantee.

imjessie Fri 10-Feb-17 10:48:17

Join the mulberry Facebook pages . The ladies know their stuff and will help you .

Cheesymonster Fri 10-Feb-17 11:31:29

I bought a preloved Alexa from a website called finerthingsaberdeen.co.uk - almost half price. Good luck with your eBay purchase op, report back!

OhBlissOhJoy Fri 10-Feb-17 12:10:05

Thanks for your advice, I am so cross with myself because I've also denied myself the fun of researching and choosing properly!

Chocolateteabag Sat 11-Feb-17 07:41:11

If you have no luck with your eBay bag (and you should get your £ back if it is fake!) I have found Dress Agencies to be best place to get Mulberry's - you can have a good look at the condition and whether it's a fake etc

AnotheBloodyChinHair Sat 11-Feb-17 07:47:02

Personally I would buy a Mulberry bag from John Lewis. If anything goes wrong they'll deal with it. Mulberry won't.

MrsGB2225 Sat 11-Feb-17 07:54:38

Bicester village used to have a good mulberry store (if you are able to cancel your eBay purchase)

HappenstanceMarmite Sat 11-Feb-17 08:06:30

The outlet at Shepton Mallet is very good. A mush smaller designer village, but a lot less manic and packed.

OhBlissOhJoy Wed 22-Feb-17 16:43:24

It's not fake shock grin

MiniCooperLover Wed 22-Feb-17 18:23:34

Thats good news OP, were you able to check it out?

ChishandFips33 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:44:08

Fab news!!

Did you get it for a bargain price? Which one did you buy?

whirlygirly Wed 22-Feb-17 21:00:27

I bought a genuine mulberry Seth messenger bag on eBay not long back - the seller was lovely and I would not be at all surprised if she's on here. smile

nooddsocksforme Wed 22-Feb-17 22:30:08

the facebook pages are fab-mulberry buy and sell etc. lots of nearly new bags . totally addictive though. op what did you buy

OhBlissOhJoy Wed 22-Feb-17 23:03:29

Thanks to @PNGirl
Try the authentication thread on The Purse Forum and they've think it's authentic! I'm really surprised and delighted too because it's smaller than I thought it was going to be - so perfect for a pub bag.
I don't know what it's called though. Will post a photo from my phone in a sec...

OhBlissOhJoy Wed 22-Feb-17 23:04:42

Lovely soft dark brown leather 😊

ThisNight Thu 23-Feb-17 10:07:11

That's georgeous OhBliss. I've just bought one on eBay, after scrutinising the pictures and the seller for about two weeks! Fingers crossed.

ThisNight Thu 23-Feb-17 11:24:07

*gorgeous even.

PopcornBits Thu 23-Feb-17 11:39:13

I have a Mulberry bag, I have the Alexa satchel, I echo PP, the bag is bloody heavy. It's actually causing me problems wearing it at the moment as I've got an issue with my shoulder, it digs in.

I don't think I would invest in another Mulberry because of that which is a shame really. I think a small little clutch would be nice.

Lonelynessie Thu 23-Feb-17 11:58:09

There's a sample sale at the beginning of March in London - you have to register before you go. I've bought a few from there before so will be going again next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now