Talk

Advanced search

Tried Charlotte Tilbury today...

(6 Posts)
MummyPigLovesAppleSauce Thu 09-Feb-17 21:59:53

And I did not like it!

Went to London to visit a friend today and popped into Charlotte Tilbury to ask for help with my dire 'New Mummy' skin. I explained that I wanted something quick and easy that would help me look a bit less grey.

Anyway, she used the wonder cream primer and the foundation, plus the concealer stick with the serum in one end, then finished with a powder. She also did something silly with my brows but that's by the by (I'm not a fan of the big dark brow look).

I had a look in the mirror and initially thought it looked good but looked in another mirror a bit later and it looked really plastered on! Also, my skin felt really greasy and it slid off within an hour or two ( I do have quite oily skin though).

I just wasn't impressed considering the hype and the price tag. Did I do it wrong?!

EggsEleven Thu 09-Feb-17 22:03:58

No, I'm very underwhelmed by it. I bought the wonder cream primer a few years ago and it didn't really do anything. Have a few other items sitting in make-up drawer that I used a couple of times and no longer bother with.

these

Waste of money imo.

Maudlinmaud Thu 09-Feb-17 22:10:46

I was so excited to try this, we just got it here recently. I bought that concealer with eye cream/serum on one end, I didn't like it.
I wanted to love the foundation but again was left underwhelmed. The mua gave me a half hearted make over. I'm going into the city tomorrow and will have a look at her lipsticks as I've heard they are decent.

Want2bSupermum Thu 09-Feb-17 22:13:10

I found bare minerals to be good. For something cheaper neutrogena mineral make up is fab.

Anything else just slides right off or I look like it's been plastered on.

MathsFiend Thu 09-Feb-17 22:16:10

There's a few threads about ct at the moment. General consensus seems to be the foundations aren't great. I haven't tried them, but like some of the other products.

Think she has some brow kit being pushed at the moment, so that is probably why she did something silly with your brows grin .

Liiinoo Thu 09-Feb-17 22:38:38

Not a fan of the Wonder Cream. It's heavy and smelly and greasy looking IMO.

In fact I am not a fan of CT generally. I bought a few bits when she launched in London about 2 years ago, it all seemed very glamorous and exciting, however two years on, the mascara has dried up (not as good as the Rimmel gradual tint one), the purple eye pencil was so harsh and scratchy I threw it away and the lipstick is languishing in a faraway drawer or handbag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now