Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me declutter

(5 Posts)
newstartamiready Thu 09-Feb-17 21:59:20

So I have lost some weight yay grinwink

Now most of my smaller clothes fit me but there isn't enough space in the wardrobe!

What's the rules for decluttering?

Should I chuck anything I havnt worn for a while?

Anything that doesn't fit?

How about stuff that is abit worn but I like it?

Help! It's hard work

MikeUniformMike Thu 09-Feb-17 22:04:37

Get all your clothes out and put similar stuff together... blah blah blah marie kondo. congrats on weight loss.

SavoyCabbage Thu 09-Feb-17 22:05:56

Chuck out anything that you have kept for painting/gardening/cleaning in.

parklives Fri 10-Feb-17 10:52:02

I am beginning to de clutter my wardrobe.
This is how I am doing it:

Put all similar stuff together (as mention in pp) so you can see how many scarfs / jeans etc you have.
This will help you see how many duplicates you have, and which you actually wear.
I then count up all my items in categories, e.g. Dresses/Skirts/Coats etc.
As I have fixed space in my wardrobe the idea is to reduce the number in each category by half, my goal is to have a wardrobe where I can see what I have, and rotate what I wear - either of which I do at the moment!

I expect this will take a year, as I am losing weight and I don't want to overwhelm the local charity shop all in one go smile

DelphiniumBlue Fri 10-Feb-17 18:52:16

All of the above, but be realistic. As a friend pointed out to me, how many going out tops can you actually wear? 4 or 5 maybe, but 20 ? 30?

Think about similar items - there's probably one that you always choose over the other. Think about why that might be ( colour? comfort? flatteringness?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now