Talk

Advanced search

Help. I need a new ( not too expensive) work bag

(16 Posts)
Gizlotsmum Thu 09-Feb-17 20:18:15

My trusty satchel strap has broken ( and the zip is failing) I need a new bag which will hold a pencil case, purse, 2 phones, keys, diary, notebook, charger, eyewash and other random things... no idea where to start.. I want it to look pretty too...

flouncybeetroot Fri 10-Feb-17 18:30:30

What's your budget Gizlots? Fossil and radley do good quality leather bags that will fit what you need, around £100/£200. Do you want something bright/funky, or something more timeless?

MarasmeAbsolu Fri 10-Feb-17 18:36:56

watching with interest!

Livinghappy123 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:01:15

I have just bought the Fossil Emerson, Radley Taplow and a Fiorelli Hayden (TK Maxx) and think will keep them all as I came make my mind up about which one to keep!

Gizlotsmum Fri 10-Feb-17 19:33:37

Actually probably £100 max ( can't justify more). Probably more classic but do like bright and funky. Needs to be hard wearing.. they tend to get dragged around and stuffed full!

Gizlotsmum Fri 10-Feb-17 19:35:01

Needs to be fairly large ( think A4 ish)

LiefieLiefie Fri 10-Feb-17 21:35:38

Warehouse have some gorgeous real leather totes for about £50 that look big enough.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Fri 10-Feb-17 21:40:58

Look in M&S - my casual leather bag from them has lasted brilliantly. And look at TKMAXX who have a huge range, but be careful for quality. Radley are great but would only come within your budget in the sale. Do any of these catch your fancy?
Radley sale
Not the sodding dog ones obvs.

Gizlotsmum Fri 10-Feb-17 21:48:32

Thank you. Think I need to go for a bit of a wander around some shops and see what I find. I like the Radley Boundaries one

camtt Fri 10-Feb-17 21:54:23

another 10% off the radley if you go through topcashback, tempting...

Gizlotsmum Sat 11-Feb-17 15:22:58

Can anyone confirm the measurements on the kurt Geiger Mollie shopper. On the website the measurements seem wrong (170mm wide, 290mm high and 35mm deep). Is it really that narrow?

MarasmeAbsolu Sat 11-Feb-17 15:49:23

I am considering this one right now - seems a good size.

FatFace has a few more leather-y looking ones too

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Sat 11-Feb-17 17:48:50

A couple of my teacher friends (so lug a absolutely enormous amount of stuff to and fro) swear by Accessorize bags. Budget friendly too.

MoreProseccoNow Sat 11-Feb-17 17:49:39

I would have a look at Paul Costello Bags in TK Maxx. There's also a sale/clearance section on his website. I got a blank Argo for £69, and I like the Carre (same price) which should fit your bill.

Gizlotsmum Sat 11-Feb-17 18:36:12

Thank you

leadrightfoot Sat 11-Feb-17 20:09:07

Bric bag I had a laptop, charger, umberella, iPad, phones, notepad, various other necessities and so on. Five years old and still going strong slight scuff mark to one corner but a drop of leather cream and it all goes. Worth the money and some to be had on flea bay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now