Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to LFW

(3 Posts)
Shoegurl1 Thu 09-Feb-17 17:59:57

I'm off to London fashion week in a couple of weeks with two of my friends who are v "on the fashion pulse"- I used to work in fashion but am at a total loss as to what to wear! I had my son 8 months ago and have lost my confidence with my body and fashion etc...We are going for a swanky brunch before as well...please help confused

Floisme Fri 10-Feb-17 09:42:36

That sounds so exciting - I'm very jealous. All I know about Fashion Week dressing is from the Sartorialist but I'll start and hopefully someone knowledgeable will be along shortly grin

I couldn't compete with a fashion crowd so I think I'd keep it mostly low key (e.g. jeans and cashmere jumper) but with one really great thing e.g. great coat or great shoes or great jacket or great piece of jewellery - you get the idea. I'm judging from your name that shoes are your thing? I might even give fashion a swerve and make that one thing a vintage piece but that's only because I have a cupboard full of the stuff.

I'd have my hair done too and wear lots of lipstick. And, at the risk of sounding like your mum, I'd wrap up well as I've read it gets cold and they keep you hanging around for ages.

I also remember Hadley Freeman writing that when she first started covering fashion weeks, she really stressed about her outfits, until she realised people were so busy trying to spot Kate Moss that no-one looked at anyone else at all. So I would just enjoy the clothes and the brunch and seeing your friends and have a great time.

Shoegurl1 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:00:22

Thank you Floisme...good thinking, will stick to jeans and plainish top and go statement shoe and lip...I think I was overthinking it...x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now