Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Coco Chanel EDP not lasting?

(4 Posts)
Onynx Wed 08-Feb-17 23:56:10

Hoping somebody can help! I recently treated myself to Coco EDP but the scent doesn't seem to last on me at all. When I wear the EDT of Coco I get loads of compliments and it seems more 'noticeable' -can anybody shed any light on this? I always thought the EDP would be stronger, more noticeable and longer lasting? Thanks for any advisesmile

jeaux90 Thu 09-Feb-17 08:27:33

I am a long term user of coco and I have found exactly the same. The EDT lasts longer. I bought the body spray recently which is really lovely

Haffiana Thu 09-Feb-17 09:42:38

It can often be the case that an EdT is a 'brighter' scent with more projection. Your EdP is probably as long-lasting BUT only detectable if you put your nose a couple of inches from your skin. Some people prefer this - I am like you and I don't personally! The reason is to do with the balance of top and mid-notes to base notes in the perfume. Add to that the fact that Chanels are often somewhat different formulations in the different concentrations and you have your reason.

I would always suggest that people try both the EdT and EdP before buying.

Onynx Thu 09-Feb-17 22:07:30

Thanks Jeaux and Haffiana, glad it's not just me! I never knew about the brighter notes or how they worked! I think I will go back to the EDT once this bottle is finished smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now