Talk

Advanced search

What jeans do you wear and what is your body shape?

(17 Posts)
BustleInYourHedgerow Wed 08-Feb-17 19:24:53

Looking for something new. I like top shop Joni jeans as I'm a appleish shape, they keep my tummy in and I have slum legs, but - I have narrow hips and need a belt to keep them up - Jonis have no belt loops.

Also I would like something more denim material rather than jeggingy like Joni's. Oh and the same price range. I'm not asking for much,am I?

AFierceBadRabbit Thu 09-Feb-17 14:04:39

Sounds like you might like the topshop jamie jeans?
They're thicker and more 'jean like' than' the joni's, and there are so many shades, lengths to choose from. The jamies are the only skinnies I'll wear these days, have a pair in blue and black.
They are high waisted, too.

PNGirl Thu 09-Feb-17 15:49:25

Jamies! I'm an hourglass with a bit of inverted triangle going on (hips and waist are the same measurement but I have random large upper arms) and these are the only ones I own that need no belt.

womanwithoutasong Thu 09-Feb-17 16:02:58

I was coming on here to say Topshop Jamies. I'm an inverted triangle and they fit perfectly. Very comfortable and hold everything in.

Mollylove Thu 09-Feb-17 18:03:06

I wear Joni jeans & Jamie jeans. Jamie's are more jean like but still high waist and probably more what you need

Polkadot1974 Thu 09-Feb-17 21:38:46

Skittle shaped according ton Trinny and Susannah's book (I'm not convinced- I think I'm pear with fat tummy) and I wear mainly skinnier than straight but think I look crap in all of them. Of my skinnies I like my Sainsbury ones

PickAChew Thu 09-Feb-17 21:45:39

I'm an apple - no arse, thick waist (with a bit of a stubborn apron which hasn't gone in 11 years post pregancy to aint going anywhere, ever), fairly slim legs and like the M&S sculpt and lift skinnies. PLenty of stretch, but still substantial enough to to show every lump and bump (of which I have more than my fair share, despite the slim legs). And with much needed belt loops! (and I wear a supposedly man's belt because it actually does the job I want properly).

I don't get on with jeggings at all. I look like a fight in a chipolata factory in them.

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Thu 09-Feb-17 21:49:19

I'm a pear and wear Gap high waisted skinnies

I would say that more and more clothes especially trousers/jeans seem to be designed for apples rather than pears as I struggle to find clothes that are wide enough on the hip but not too big on the waist

PickAChew Thu 09-Feb-17 21:49:24

Polkadot you had me spending far too many seconds of my life musing on what a difficult shape this would be to buy jeans for, until I realised that I'd got my sweets mixed up.

Rueben Thu 09-Feb-17 21:57:39

I'm not sure of my body type (not apple or pear), I'm too skinny but still have a clear waist to hip ratio. I always find I'm between sizes in jeans, they either look tight like jeggings/leggings (really don't like this look) or sag in places and I have to constantly pull them up higher.
My favourite jeans are gap 1969 stretch jeans (not entirely sure if that's what they're called but they're reasonably priced especially if you buy them in the sale - I paid £20) and Reiss skinny jeans

YouWereRight Thu 09-Feb-17 21:57:59

Hour glass shaped, but with those dippy hip things. I like asos Whitby's and mum jeans, I have New Looks, and a primary pair.

Lucked Thu 09-Feb-17 22:02:14

Apple shaped M&S super skinny jeans. Not sure which ones they are on the website.

Lucked Thu 09-Feb-17 22:02:50

Going to try TS Jamie's after this thread

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Thu 09-Feb-17 22:04:15

rueben I would assume you are a pear if your hips are significantly bigger than your waist even if you're slim/skinny

I'm a size 10 but my hips are a good 8 inches bigger than my waist measurement

BustleInYourHedgerow Thu 09-Feb-17 22:41:37

Thanks all will try Jamie's!

hollyisalovelyname Fri 10-Feb-17 18:08:49

Apple - Topshop Joni's
No contest for me.
I have them in denim and black.

hunans Fri 10-Feb-17 18:47:33

I'm an apple and love Joni jeans. Especially the Power Hold ones.

I've had Jamies in the past but they're too heavy for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now