Talk

Advanced search

Italian Pharmacies, what should I buy? retinol?

(11 Posts)
AmethystMoon Wed 08-Feb-17 08:44:32

I'm off to Rome tonight, it's just occurred to me that I've read on here that people have bought retinol cream in pharmacies in Spain/France. Can I get these in Rome?
Also is there anything else I should consider looking for whilst there? Either cheaper or that I can't get here? Skincare related. I have wrinkles and cystic hormonal acne, am 41 if that helps.

Mcmcmcmc Wed 08-Feb-17 08:56:11

I think retinoids are prescription only in Italy.
The pharmacies aren't really that good, they aren't like French pharmacies... The selection is much smaller and things are much more expensive.
I'd recommend the Roberts rosewater toner. It's sold at supermarkets and it's really cheap (less than €3 I think). They also have other products in the range, like face wipes and moisturiser.

VintagePerfumista Wed 08-Feb-17 08:59:27

Yes, what Mc says. I think maybe you are thinking of French pharmacy brands, you can get them here, but they are the same price if not more expensive than Boots. (Roc, LRP, Avene etc)

Oddly, Aveeno is sometimes cheaper here than in the UK (although I still buy that there when it's on offer)

Have a nice trip!

burnishedsilver Wed 08-Feb-17 09:39:51

You can get tretinoin/retin A over the counter in Spain and Greece. I think it's supposed to be on prespription there, same as here, but if you ask they'll just give it to you. I don't know of they do the same in Italy but you could always ask in a pharmacy and see what they say.

burnishedsilver Wed 08-Feb-17 09:43:39

A quick google search suggests and an italian pharmacy will probably not ask for a prescription for tretinoin.

ImYourWomanJonSnow Wed 08-Feb-17 10:29:46

I always like to stock up on L'erborario products - they don't actually DO anything, but bath and shower products smell lovely.

Also - not cosmetics and not pharmacy - I love Ortigia products, they are £££ but so worth it IMO.

AmethystMoon Wed 08-Feb-17 16:11:42

Thank you everyone. I think I was hoping Italy might be a bit more relaxed with its rules!
I will search for those items mentioned, thanks again all smile

BusterGonad Wed 08-Feb-17 17:35:19

On the make up front Pupa is amazing as is Diego Dalla Palmer!

BusterGonad Wed 08-Feb-17 17:44:57

Palma!

Sgtmajormummy Wed 08-Feb-17 17:46:25

Phytotherapy by Aboca is extremely well produced and reliable.

AmethystMoon Wed 08-Feb-17 22:39:33

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now