Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy nice men's cufflinks?

(15 Posts)
newstartamiready Tue 07-Feb-17 21:42:09

I'm not sure if there is a certain brand that's well know and nice or if you just pick some that look nice confused I want to get my boyfriend some but I have never bought any before

Fingerbobs Tue 07-Feb-17 22:33:55

Dependson your budget and his taste. I prefer plainish so this is spendy:
www.alicemadethis.com/collections/cufflinks?gclid=CJamirmC_9ECFW4R0wodE9UFFg
These less so but still classic:
www.robertwelch.com/m/living/jewellery/cufflinks

Aspinalls are posh (well I think so!) and both John Lewis and Harrods have selections ranging from about £50 to over £4,000 shock Links of London also have lots, again a bit pricey.

Notonthehighstreet have lots of personnalisable ones, if that's what you/he likes.

I'd say pick what you like and what he'll like to wear.

CantChoose Tue 07-Feb-17 23:00:00

How nice?! My DH likes Dunhill ones but they are ££ even for the cheaper ones. He also looks likes Aspinal.
For nice but slightly less expensive look at designers like ted baker or Paul smith, there's a decent selection on the John Lewis or house of Fraser websites.

Finbar Tue 07-Feb-17 23:14:03

Simon Carter are a cool brand in this area. JL stock them. Not too glitzy or trying too hard IYSWIM

GingerLDN Wed 08-Feb-17 01:40:57

Not on the high street

hollyisalovelyname Wed 08-Feb-17 19:39:03

Antique jewellers or jewellery auctions.

newstartamiready Wed 08-Feb-17 20:13:10

Finger - I love the first link but I think they are out of my price range! I love all the rose gold ones and would like some myself grin

newstartamiready Wed 08-Feb-17 20:18:03

Wow I've just looked at aspinals again lovely but out of my price range!

I think ted baker might be priced better for me, I'll have a look at those

VanessaBet Wed 08-Feb-17 20:18:29

My husband is a big fan, I have bought him a few pairs of the semiprecious stone ones from here, he's not a fan of novelty type ones

www.elizabethparker.co.uk/collections/cufflinks/semi-precious-stone

Otherwise ebay has lots of nice vintage cufflinks to choose from.

VanessaBet Wed 08-Feb-17 20:18:59

They look a lot better in real life than in the photos.

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Wed 08-Feb-17 20:23:32

My DH likes TM Lewin for cufflinks. Good selection, not too pricey. Makes it easy for me at Christmas!

DianaT1969 Thu 09-Feb-17 02:37:32

My brother wanted Hugo Boss ones for Christmas.

LoupGarou Thu 09-Feb-17 03:06:09

Etsy without a doubt, so many unique and original ideas

You can get ones made from meteorite
www.etsy.com/ca/listing/196117324/muonionalusta-meteorite-sterling-silver?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=meteorite%20cufflinks&ref=sr_gallery_7

www.etsy.com/ca/listing/290409191/meteorite-cufflinks-sterling-silver?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=meteorite%20cufflinks&ref=sr_gallery_1

Fossil...
www.etsy.com/ca/listing/491555896/madagascar-ammonite-fossil-cufflinks?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=fossil%20cufflinks&ref=sr_gallery_12

Even ones made from dinosaur bone...
www.etsy.com/ca/listing/197837547/dinosaur-bone-brontosaurus-cufflinks?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dinosaur%20bone%20cufflinks&ref=sr_gallery_21

Diamonddealeroncemore Thu 09-Feb-17 07:33:26

For really well made last-forever cufflinks look at Deakin and Francis.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 11-Feb-17 09:18:58

Heather Stowell does lovely button cufflinks.
UK based.
Sorry I can't do links but google her name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now