Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ear piercings. Where to go?

(12 Posts)
muminmanchester Tue 07-Feb-17 19:19:40

I fancy getting a second piercing in my ears but have no idea where to go for it. Google just seems to suggest Claire's!

Where should I look?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 07-Feb-17 19:43:38

My DD had Claires piercings for her ear lobes but I found a piercer through a tattooist that used needles.

It was much calmer (and private) than sitting in Claires.
Sterile needle to pierce is said to be a better sharper cleaner incision than the crushing action of a gun.. She didn't feel anything apart from the jewellry itself feeding in.

6 weeks on, her ear (Helix) looks fine, no trouble (unless she knocks it)

SallyGinnamon Tue 07-Feb-17 19:50:14

The local chemists did DS's. Somehow felt cleaner than in a shop but possibly not really!

SallyGinnamon Tue 07-Feb-17 19:50:47

DD not DS!

MrsAukerman Tue 07-Feb-17 19:52:06

Piercers at tattooists to get a needle rather than gun. Especially if going through cartilage.

MrsAukerman Tue 07-Feb-17 19:52:27

Where in Manchester are you?

muminmanchester Tue 07-Feb-17 19:57:11

Thanks! South Manchester MrsA, near altrincham

MrsAukerman Tue 07-Feb-17 20:44:45

Holier than thou on Oldham St in Manchester.
There's also a good tattooists near Atlantic St industrial estate called Inkism.

muminmanchester Tue 07-Feb-17 21:05:31

Thanks!

kel1234 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:24:55

My mum got my first one done in jewellers when I was a baby. I got my second lobe ones done in a piercing shop. I got my first cartilage one done in the same piercing shop, and my second cartilage one done in Claire's.
I've had all mine done with a gun and never regretted it.

Mrspotatohead18 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:25:50

Nooooo not Claire's (or anyone that uses a gun - it cannot be cleaned properly and causes trauma to the ear) use a reputable tattoo/piercer who uses a needle. The prices are actually pretty much the same too, plus they usually do a jewellery change included in the price if needed!

FoodGloriousFud Thu 09-Feb-17 10:36:14

Not Claire's!!!! Don't do it!!! Go to a piercers or tattooist who will use a sterile needle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now