Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick experts please.....

(7 Posts)
Notreallyhappy Tue 07-Feb-17 17:29:51

Can you please recommend a lasting lippy... but not the sort you put the colour then the clear balm over the top..I've 2 of those that don't stay and feel dry.
Thank you.x

loveslipstick Tue 07-Feb-17 17:33:12

Realistically you are looking at a matte lipstick... MAC Matte lasts all day on me no problem but Urban Decay do some nice Comfort Matte lipsticks that are more wearable for every day. Or failing that you could go for a liquid matte lipstick, Huda do some lovely comfortable to wear ones but you will need to top up once in the day with most colours.

tralaaa Tue 07-Feb-17 17:45:17

Estée Lauder double wear. Brilliant stuff lasts all day

Juicyfrooty Wed 08-Feb-17 00:26:11

Mac matte lipsticks a little balm underneath stops them being to drying.

BusterGonad Wed 08-Feb-17 08:19:02

L'Oréal Matte ones are quite good for a budget lippy, Bourjois Rouge velvet Matte fluid lipsticks are nice. I too hate the double step ones, I think they are hideously dry and make your lips look like dried prunes! I love the Smashbox legendary Matte lipsticks but they can be slightly drying and the Marc Jacobs lipsticks are not Matte but more velvety and last a long time.

JeffJarrett Wed 08-Feb-17 08:24:01

2nd the Huda beauty liquid mattes. I got the mini set in reds recently and my goodness they are gorgeous. So comfortable to wear too and took some scrubbing to get off. (I want the nude and pink sets now)
Jeffree Star are also very long wearing, slightly drier though but not uncomfortable at all.

BusterGonad Wed 08-Feb-17 08:29:07

Op the L'Oréal Paris glam shine stain splash is really lovely, I had the purple shade and it goes on a dream and looks glossy but after a few hours it kind of drys down a bit and looks just as lovely, I used to wear to work and it didn't really need topping up. It was so comfortable to wear too. I highly recommend it if your after a glossy long lasting lipstick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now