Talk

Advanced search

GAP online prices vs in store prices

(9 Posts)
FunkinEll Tue 07-Feb-17 11:59:59

I saw a top I wanted to buy in GAP yesterday but thought I'd wait to order with a code online (I get a new code in my inbox daily hmm). It was full price and was £14.95 in the shop.

I've just gone to buy it online and it's £24.95. That'S quite a big price difference (66%). I know that some shooed have price differences with sale items in store and can understand that but this is the first time I've seen it for full price clothes.

Is this common and I've just been oblivious to it befor now?

FunkinEll Tue 07-Feb-17 12:00:32

Shooed confused was supposed to be shops.

WeAreEternal Tue 07-Feb-17 12:09:39

Are you sure it wasn't a different top that looked very similar?

I know some shops tend to bump up online prices but always seem to have 'offers' on - "25% off" today for weeks... I think it's just to lure people in yo spend money, they think they are getting a good deal and saving money when in reality they are paying virtually the same price as in store.

FunkinEll Tue 07-Feb-17 12:53:41

No, definitely the same top as it came inlts of colours. It's this one

GAP are like Boden in the permanent ??% off codes. I need to go back to the shop and check but I remember seeing the £14.95 but I could be going mad.

cardoon Tue 07-Feb-17 13:46:25

They operate online like a separate company although you can return in store - the discounts swap between the two - no doubt to try and catch the unwary...

simmonsbythesea Tue 07-Feb-17 14:40:43

Yeah, they are effectively two different companies, with a co-operative agreement and sometimes the same discounts but sometime separate to drive sales to one or the other.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Tue 07-Feb-17 23:08:00

I buy quite a lot from Gap and it's quite common to see things reduced in-store but full price online, or vice versa, but have never known the original/full price to be different.

ksb76 Wed 08-Feb-17 01:47:40

I live in the US and it's always the opposite here - full prices in stores but discounts (usually 40-50%) online. Incredibly annoying.

FunkinEll Wed 08-Feb-17 08:32:49

I think an extra £10 at full price without discounts either side is pretty outrageous. It is the exact same top so I can't see the price difference justification even if they do trade separately. I'm going to e-mail them today to clarify smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now