Talk

Advanced search

Benefits of drinking water?

(19 Posts)
milkyman Tue 07-Feb-17 10:37:36

I am trying to drink more water - what have people found the benefits of this if they have upped their intake?

Strongbeatsskinny Tue 07-Feb-17 16:03:26

Glowing skin, it can aid weight loss also helps digest food.

BertrandRussell Tue 07-Feb-17 16:05:03

It's a massive myth perpetuated by the bottled water industry.

Losgunna Tue 07-Feb-17 16:08:06

Much much nicer skin (less breakouts, less dry/ flaky, less oily t-zone, better colour- not so ashey looking), dark circles under eyes lighter, better digestion,better sleep (because more water, less cola, less caffeine I think), lost a stone (because much less hungry), more energy, less painful periods, shinier hair.

That's all just off the top of my head. There's probably more but it's the best thing I've done for a long time.

Oh one more, saved money, water is by far the cheapest thing to drink, even taking into account the cost of filters.

Losgunna Tue 07-Feb-17 16:09:29

I also don't drink bottled water, just plain tap water put through a brita filter, maybe with a slice of lemon in it

FeralBeryl Tue 07-Feb-17 16:10:22

Far less bloatedness, less hungry, clearer skin.
It needn't be bottled, tap is fine

EatSpamAmandaLamb Tue 07-Feb-17 16:16:01

I find it fills me up when I am feeling peckish and I have lost weight.
I drink around 3L of water a day (up from about 750ml) and my skin is now far better, my eyes look brighter and I just feel good.

EatSpamAmandaLamb Tue 07-Feb-17 16:16:39

I don't drink bottles either. I tend to filter and keep in a lidded glass fridge hug.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:18:56

I drink tap water. Clear skin. Less headaches. No dry lips!

BeyondUnderthinking Tue 07-Feb-17 16:30:17

More steps from going back and forth to the toilet? grin

MessyBun247 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:37:59

Skin more balanced (less dry/oily patches), digestive system seems less sluggish

Badcat666 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:40:57

I drink tap water and only ever get a bottle to replace the one I use to top me up throughout the day.

I drink about 3 litres a day. Clear skin, no dry patches, less headaches and less generally feeling crap. Curbs hunger and keeps my kidneys happy!

If I don't drink enough I truely feel rubbish and brain dead.

MistressMolecules Tue 07-Feb-17 17:05:20

Less bloating and less headaches. I now drink about 1.5 litres a day (huge improvement as all I drank before was coffee). I drink an extra 1.5 on gym days but that's only twice a week. I don't buy bottled and it's not even filtered just straight from the tap. Haven't noticed a big difference in my skin but then I have rosacea so likely stuck with this mess of a face, water or no water sad

namechange20050 Tue 07-Feb-17 17:08:19

I drink loads of tap water. It helps my skin (I have acne). I find I feel quite ill if I don't drink enough, I get headaches etc. Being well hydrated also stops me wanting to snack.

RacoonBandit Tue 07-Feb-17 17:11:20

I have been drinking more water the last few weeks and my skin is so much better.
I dont like cold water so drink hot water with a slice of lemon. About 8 mugs a day.

ChishandFips33 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:12:54

I look at the difference in my drought ridden house plants with drooping leaves after they've had a drink and think that's what water does to the cells in my body (if I drank more of it!) - plump up the skin/lessen appearance of wrinkly bits

Better for kidneys - you wee a lot at first and it seems pointless to drink it in the first place but apparently that settles down after a couple of weeks

I always drink loads on holiday and feel loads better for it - more energy etc

SwedishEdith Tue 07-Feb-17 21:37:40

Snopes

"And as other nutritionists of the time noted, any shortfall in water intake could be made up through the consumption of beverages such as coffee, tea, milk, or soft drinks; one need not specifically drink water only in the form of water."

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:40:50

It makes me look fresher.

bingohandjob Wed 08-Feb-17 05:51:01

Helps skin look and feel better. Helps avoid niggling dehydration headaches. I drink a glass of water if peckish and often find that feeling goes - I was thirsty not hungry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now