Talk

Advanced search

Couple of items to update look

(9 Posts)
onlyconnect Mon 06-Feb-17 22:05:51

I have plenty of clothes but haven't bought anything much for a couple of years. Im going on a shopping trip and have about £120 I can spend. I'd like to get a couple of things just to update my look a bit. Any suggestions please?
I'm 49, pale, size 12-14.

bojorojo Tue 07-Feb-17 09:15:25

Long pullover to wear over jeans. Pair of ankle boots. Bell bottom trousers if you dare! Silk type blouse or tunic. Statement necklace. Long cardigan. Black trousers. Breton style T shirt/pullover and jeans or navy trousers. Clearly more than £120 but pick what you like.

onlyconnect Tue 07-Feb-17 13:49:00

I love bell-bottoms! Are they coming back in?

bojorojo Tue 07-Feb-17 20:52:23

Yes. Dd (well - my money!) bought two pairs from Zara yesterday and plenty in magazines! DD is a rather fabulous model sized 21 year old but they are out there! One pair she has have fringed bottoms! I have seen some jeans too in Top Shop. There are quite a lot of wide leg trousers too but I think the cut has to be right with them. I think Matalan are advertising cut off jeans with embroidery around the bottom. There are lots of embroidered flowers on everything at the moment!

onlyconnect Tue 07-Feb-17 21:04:24

I really don't like embroidered flowers!
I was thinking I might buy a magazine to get some ideas. I'm really stuck in a rut. It's not too terrible a rut: skinny jeans, ankle boots but it's been the same for a couple of years now. I think I'm worse at work.

LiefieLiefie Tue 07-Feb-17 21:37:48

If you are looking for fashionable pieces, embroidery is in as is anything with flared sleeves.

River Island have some gorgeous blazers and blush loafers at the moment that I am eyeing up.

CountFosco Tue 07-Feb-17 22:27:36

Have a look on some of the fashion blogs, I like the following: my fashionable 40s dresses pretty casually, Bum40 posts really regularly and makes me giggle more than any other, midlife chic is more reflective than most bloggers and has the most grownup style of those I read, SusieSoSo I like because she's short like me, again she's a very casual dresser. And finally because I love shoes so much enbrogue who writes about flat shoes, a very very dangerous blog this one!

onlyconnect Wed 08-Feb-17 07:44:26

Thank you countfosco I've been meaning to find some fashion bloggers that suit me and have just never got round to it

onlyconnect Wed 08-Feb-17 08:25:40

CountFosco very dangerous shoe blog. I've ordered some already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now