Talk

Advanced search

Anyone gone from blonde to red?

(3 Posts)
LucilleBluth Mon 06-Feb-17 13:42:32

I'm sick of my dull everybody-has-the-same highlights. I'm 36 and my hair in general seems to be going down hill....it's always been thick and healthy but now it feels lacking in some way (possibly hormone related?) it's frizzy and lacking volume.

I need a change but don't want to turn up to the school gates and work looking like an idiot iykwim.

Nowthereistwo Mon 06-Feb-17 13:45:54

I enquired about it for something different before Christmas a few years ago. They said even a temporary colour would stain and would have to grow out. Put me off as don't normally colour my hair.

hunans Mon 06-Feb-17 14:01:26

I went from blonde to brown with a red tone (not what I asked for at the hairdressers but that's another story).

It's one of my biggest hair regrets. The red tone has stained my blonde hair like you wouldn't believe. And I was a dark blonde - not really light at all. Nothing would shift the bloody red. I've got a decent colour back now but after a lot of time, effort and money.

If you think you can do it and be happy with it and maintain it, and know that you may never get your natural hair colour back then do it. But I do think there are other ways to reinvigorate your hairdo flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now