Talk

Advanced search

Boyfriend jeans - the right cut. Can anyone help?

(21 Posts)
BritabroadinAsia Mon 06-Feb-17 13:21:20

Feel like I'm turning into Goldilocks. I seem to have tried and returned many pairs of jeans in the elusive search for boyfriends that aren't too baggy, (Fat Face, Frame) too tight (Gap girlfriends - love them but I want a looser leg), too much stretch (M&S), too low rise (Hush)....you get the picture.

My perfect jeans were the Gap sexy boyfriend cut of around 4 or 5 years ago. Great length, rise and leg width. I actually own two pairs, but sadly have 'outgrown' them (ahem), and of course they now don't produce them.

Can anyone recommend a true boyfriend cut (Ie not too slim leg but not oompa-loompa like) with mid to high rise and not too much lycra please, in lieu of dieting back into my favourites?

mowglik Mon 06-Feb-17 14:56:50

Levi's boyfriend jeans are great, not too tight or loose, and they're ageing nicely too which is a plus

My other fave pair of boyfriend jeans are grey ones from mint velvet. They're really soft but keep their shape well, again just the right amount of loose

BritabroadinAsia Mon 06-Feb-17 15:09:40

Thanks mowglik - haven't tried either of those, and they sound like contenders!

seefeld Mon 06-Feb-17 15:10:15

Have you tried Topshop?

Doobigetta Mon 06-Feb-17 21:33:52

I was in a Gap outlet store yesterday and I'm sure they had the "sexy boyfriend" cut. Have you checked recently?

insertimaginativeusername Mon 06-Feb-17 21:42:18

I have a much loved pair of G Star boyfriend jeans that are the perfect fit, if they still do them.

MorrisZapp Mon 06-Feb-17 21:45:43

I've got a pair of gap sexy boyfriends in a UK 16 if any good?

sanitygirl Mon 06-Feb-17 23:44:48

What size gap sexy Boyfriend? I have a 29 inch pair I don't wear

BritabroadinAsia Tue 07-Feb-17 03:17:24

You lovely people with your offers of jeans... its the 29s (size 12?) I have expanded out of sanity girl, but thank you very much, and likewise, Morris - I'm the equivalent of a 14 I think. But much appreciated, thank you!

Doobigetta, I'm not based in the UK and when I'm back wouldn't usually get to a Gap Outlet shop as there isn't one near where I stay. But I'll google and see if I can get a mate to go and hunt for me, thanks for the heads up.

seefeld - I looked at Topshop as was buying for DD1, and all their boyfriends seemed to be overly ripped (half a leg missing) or highly decorated, but thanks for the suggestion.

Never thought to look at G Star - will investigate, thanks Insert.

bojorojo Tue 07-Feb-17 09:07:29

My M and S ones don't have much stretch at all! Perfect for me and relatively cheap. I would look again. Zara may also be worth a look. DD swears by their jeans.

silkpyjamasallday Tue 07-Feb-17 18:36:31

I also loved the Gap sexy boyfriend jeans, and was very annoyed when they were discontinued. I've recently bought a pair of boyfriend jeans from the Topshop Boutique section which tends to be more minimal and better fabrics etc. and they are perfect and 100% cotton too so don't go saggy, and no rips/embellishments. I have black but I'm pretty sure I saw a blue wash too

sanitygirl Tue 21-Mar-17 15:31:09

Reviving this thread as I now realise the pair of Gap Sexy Boyfriend jeans I have are a 30 waist, not 29 - in case anyone would like them! They are sitting unworn in my cupboard.

Filiboom Tue 21-Mar-17 19:53:33

Adding to this thread as I feel like I've been on a similar quest to OP (agree on gap girlfriend and hush comments) and, after a recommendation here, have just bought a pair of Topshop Haydn jeans, which tick all these boxes. Lovely soft denim, comfortable leg (not skinny but not baggy either) and come up to my tummy button. A button fly which has taken some readjusting to but worth it. Most pairs on the site were ripped etc but a couple were plain, which is what I got. Despite thinking Topshop would be tiny, I'm the same size in them as in Levis.

Filiboom Tue 21-Mar-17 19:55:06

Sorry - just realised this a few weeks old, but hope it helps someone. I thought I was doomed to skinny jeans (my thighs turn straight leg skinny...) or baggy ones so v pleased with these!

imjessie Tue 21-Mar-17 21:06:45

Topshop Lucas And size down .. I thank you ! 😜

JD2805 Tue 21-Mar-17 21:32:34

Jigsaw Hampton jeans, size down one or two sizes. They have a really nice vintage wash pair at the moment.

taybert Wed 22-Mar-17 06:53:05

I'm looking for the same thing. Uniqlo have some which are cheap too but do have some distressing. Esprit have some promising looking ones but I've never bought from there. I might do some payday ordering.

ChocolateSherberts2017 Wed 22-Mar-17 06:57:56

Can you buy online from the Gap outlet store?

WanderingStar1 Wed 22-Mar-17 21:57:46

I have just bought three pairs of the new Gap Washwell High Rise real Straight jeans - they are fab and so comfy after all these low rise things that need a belt to stay up! They feel quite slim when you first try them but within a few hours are loose and comfy, also buy a size smaller than their other jeans as for some reason they don't seem true to Gap sizes.
Only thing is I think the regular length may be meant to be ankle length - perfect for me as I am short so they come full length on me (29 inside leg I think) but bear in mind. They have discounts on at the moment, as well! Good luck!

SesameSparkle Wed 22-Mar-17 22:48:05

I've also been looking for a pair of boyfriends for weeks. I've already returned 2 pairs of topshop haydens, and I have 5 pairs of gap girlfriends to go back. Gap didn't carry what I thought was my size in the store, but I didn't like any of the 27s in the end - most were too big on my hips/thighs, and the mid rise wasn't very flattering on my apple shape. The esprit do ones look interesting though, with a few high rise in there.

Melstarrynight Thu 23-Mar-17 06:40:32

Gap are selling boyfriends online but not in shops. I found them fairly tight around the hips but not in the leg so they went back. A shame as they were almost right. I didn't like the high rise straight jeans on me at all, they reminded me of mom jeans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now