Talk

Advanced search

Mmm, Autograph Leopard Trainers - Are they keepers?

(70 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Mon 06-Feb-17 11:52:02

Excuse the crap photography. Fell in love with online pics. Now in real life I'd appreciate the S&B verdict on whether they are worth hanging on to or not.

I'm a SAHM and my youngest has SN so practicality is important. I usually wear jeans and a lot of black and grey (but aspire to looking a little bit stylish)!

Thanks in advance.

treaclesoda Mon 06-Feb-17 11:53:49

I like them. smile

I don't know if that's necessarily a good sign or not though grin

Botanicbaby Mon 06-Feb-17 12:18:47

Me too grin

Same reason as PP!

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 06-Feb-17 12:19:18

I like them.

OCSockOrphanage Mon 06-Feb-17 12:38:56

I like them too but the reviews say they don't wear well.

PNGirl Mon 06-Feb-17 13:06:14

Don't like them. There are one too many lace holes so the sides go down too far and the toebox is too small.

EggsEleven Mon 06-Feb-17 13:06:36

I tried them on as I liked them in photos and on the shelf. I didn't like them on me when I was standing looking down on them as I felt they just didn't look right on me - not sure if there were just a touch too round tied for me. I still like look lustfully as them though when I pass them in M&S.

I love leopard print trainers.

MumBod Mon 06-Feb-17 13:11:15

They're a bit...brown.

Like hyena skin.

I've seen nicer animal print trainers, tbh.

ArriettyClock1 Mon 06-Feb-17 13:13:27

They are a very strange shape and look peculiar.

No from me.

MichaelSheensNextDW Mon 06-Feb-17 13:17:01

I like the colour/print but not the design. As a pp said, there is too much lacing and not enough toe which makes them a bit clowny IMO.

MichaelSheensNextDW Mon 06-Feb-17 13:20:59

These are nice

CointreauVersial Mon 06-Feb-17 13:24:00

It's a thumbs up from me!

penguincrumble Mon 06-Feb-17 13:28:19

No. They're weird. There are some vans style ones which are much nicer. Or any other make..

piefacerecords Mon 06-Feb-17 13:33:16

I don't like them - they're a bit of a granny shape and the colour/pattern is odd. TBH they do 'look' M&S - sorry.

I do like animal print trainers though - I love the Superga ones.

JessicaEccles Mon 06-Feb-17 13:52:28

Beautiful! I have loads of animal print shoes, and may have to add these to the pile.

CallarMorvern Mon 06-Feb-17 13:53:09

I don't like the look of the leathery bit, it looks a bit plasticity. But I do like leopard skin footwear ( even though my mum says it makes me look like Bette Lynch hmm)

hunans Mon 06-Feb-17 13:56:49

One of the grandmas at DS' school wears these. They look fab on her grin Not a 'young' shoe IMO.

They have the potential to be fab but the shape is wrong. As pps have said, there are loads of cool animal print trainers out there.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Mon 06-Feb-17 14:24:30

Thank you for the replies. Admittedly the model (me) in the OP isn't the best advertisement for the trainers.

I've now attached the picture which spurred me on to buy them. I could style them similarly (glimpse of tanned ankle and black jeans). Does this make them look any better?

(Sticks fingers in ears to block out 'granny', very M&S, hyaena, peculiar, clown, weird, small toebox grin)

DrScholl Mon 06-Feb-17 14:28:43

No

simmonsbythesea Mon 06-Feb-17 14:29:05

I'd like them better if the (faux?) leather strip with the lace holes was black not brown. Typical M&S not quite getting it right. Otherwise they're a good Isabel Marant rip off which aren't available anymore.

Air and Grace do nicer ones but with a not so nice price of £129 (or thereabouts) and I don't know the brand to know if the quality is worth it.

EggsEleven Mon 06-Feb-17 14:30:07

The reality is they don't look in real life how they look in the M&S photo no matter how much you or I want them to grin. Animal print trainers are fab, there are lovely ones out there, the M&S ones are just too much of a slightly odd shape to be perfect.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Mon 06-Feb-17 14:33:29

These were only €56 over the weekend so I definitely felt they were worth a go.

The Superga ones are lovely but I can't seem to find my size online. Also liked the look of some Dune ones but again not available in my size (5uk).

The £129 ones would be too expensive for me at the moment.

squiz81 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:39:03

I like animal print trainers, but these aren't quite right. They seem too dark and the lace section too long.

BerniceBobsHerHair Mon 06-Feb-17 14:41:05

I tried them and didn't like the shape on me, but then saw them on some one else and thought they looked good confused

I'd sound a cautionary note about the Superga ones - I tried them too, and they are really hairy. Really didn't like them in the flesh.

seefeld Mon 06-Feb-17 15:08:01

I think they're great! Really lovely, don't see the strange shape that others have pointed out at all but I'm no trainer expert. I also like that they're leather rather than fabric - more practical in the rain!

Are they comfortable OP? That's what would swing it for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now