Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Black tie 50th horror!!!! WTAF shall I wear?!

(12 Posts)
Rabbitwoffle Sun 05-Feb-17 20:52:53

I am 43, 5ft tall, size 8, chunky veiny little legs, reasonable boobs and waist, bloat tum, very hairy and slightly saggy. All the attractives me. I like a casual mildly "edgy" look <deludes self>, so I would wear a dress with pockets, a jumpsuit, something a bit under dressed rather than too ladylike. No chiffon, no sparkles. I think I am a sultry winter classic gamine if that means anything. But now I am a bit too aged for topshop, what are my petite edgey black tie range options ? Or do I need to find a tailor person?

jeaux90 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:04:29

I saw that coast had a couple of more edgy evening gowns in. I would browse the evening dress sections of the department stores (the John Lewis app is great) for a cross selection. I saw a coast one which had panels and was cut long to knee high which looked more funky than formal.

Rabbitwoffle Sun 05-Feb-17 21:08:05

Ooh forgot about coast, thanks. I will go and have a hunt for pockets...

CwutchUp Sun 05-Feb-17 21:12:43

When is the party? I'm thinking there will be more choice in the shops in the Spring?

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 05-Feb-17 21:25:21

Black lace

All Saints

Love this but maybe not dressy enough?

Whistles if you can get into a 6 - their stuff sometimes comes up big.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 05-Feb-17 21:25:37

No pockets though!

Iamastonished Sun 05-Feb-17 21:28:41

Why do people insist on dress codes for parties? I would never do this to my friends and family.

nooddsocksforme Sun 05-Feb-17 21:51:40

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/ink-wrap-front-jersey-dress/dresses-jumpsuits/mint-v/fcp-product/8633 mumsnet don't like mint velvet but I do! maybe that's chiffon tho
www.baukjen.com/uk/shop/baukjen/dresses/darton-dress-violet-blue.htm

Sciurus83 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:50:20

Reiss do great jumpsuits, might need taking up for 5ft tall

Rabbitwoffle Sat 25-Feb-17 20:26:55

Thanks to all who helped. We got the literal runs of back to back norovirus and so I was reprieved. Oh the heavenly relief despite the hideous puke fests. But thank you. I will be back in 18m for my next social occasion.

weaselwords Sat 25-Feb-17 20:32:36

Nancy Mac?

weaselwords Sat 25-Feb-17 20:34:49

Sorry! I didn't read your update blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now