Talk

Advanced search

Larger size ski jackets

(10 Posts)
PidgeyfinderGeneral Sun 05-Feb-17 19:34:39

I am sure there was a thread on this recently but for the life of me I can't find it.

I'm a size 16 but with large breasts and I'm struggling to find a ski jacket. Tried Decathalon but ladies' ski wear only goes up to XL and it's too tight across the chest. I've had a scout around the internet but everything seems to be very fitted and stop at about a 14/16.

Please can anyone suggest somewhere? Don't want to pay £££££ as it's unlikely I'll wear it again soon, so budget approx £120.

Thank you!

Bloopbleep Sun 05-Feb-17 19:39:15

Trespass go up to twenty something I think but I've never really rated them for extreme cold. I have a similar problem with my boobs but find quite a few brands will go up to 18-20 and it's just that shops don't stock those sizes because larger ladies aren't supposed to enjoy outdoor activities. TKMaxx do xl sizes but they can vary in the boobular area. I have an eider in size 18 which fits my boobs and I can wear a jumper underneath and they did go up to a 20. It's quite expensive but great for the cold weather and I wear it all the time not just for snow sports.

Lucked Sun 05-Feb-17 19:43:42

Unisex colour men's jacket? You will get more choice. I have bought stuff in TKmaxx before but not sure they are still stocking it so late in season.

PidgeyfinderGeneral Sun 05-Feb-17 19:50:28

Oh, fab, thank you! I will take a look at Trespass.

So annoying that it's so hard to buy fitness stuff which is larger than a 14 and not skin tight. I tried to buy a high-vis for running last year and ended up having to get a man's one as the women's ones were all fitted and I needed to be able to wear a layer under it as well as my key/phone belt.

Biking007 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:50:32

I've got a dare2be women's jacket which fits a 40G size 16/18 top it was in their largest size I even bought it the resort and it was £65. I do only wear 2-3skinny layers under it as it's warm but I'd struggle with a bulky fleece - I did wear it with a back protector though so it's not v.tight.

mycavitiesareempty Sun 05-Feb-17 20:07:54

I have this same issue right now.

Burton 16 is quite generous in their board-style jackets. I think dare2be go up to xxl/18.

In the past I've had success with men's jackets. They usually are bigger across the chest.

PidgeyfinderGeneral Sun 05-Feb-17 20:08:49

Yeah, I was considering trying the men's ones. Thanks again for the suggestions!

mycavitiesareempty Sun 05-Feb-17 20:09:28

Xpost with many others ...

DancingGoose Sun 05-Feb-17 21:46:14

What about looking at Mountain Warehouse - I think they do a range of sizes and they have a sale on too.

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/clearance/ski/

Biking007 Mon 06-Feb-17 07:52:42

I just bought a cheap women's fitted size18 running jacket in sports direct which works well with long sleeved under and a bum bag for phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now