Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Larger size ski jackets

(10 Posts)
PidgeyfinderGeneral Sun 05-Feb-17 19:34:39

I am sure there was a thread on this recently but for the life of me I can't find it.

I'm a size 16 but with large breasts and I'm struggling to find a ski jacket. Tried Decathalon but ladies' ski wear only goes up to XL and it's too tight across the chest. I've had a scout around the internet but everything seems to be very fitted and stop at about a 14/16.

Please can anyone suggest somewhere? Don't want to pay £££££ as it's unlikely I'll wear it again soon, so budget approx £120.

Thank you!

Bloopbleep Sun 05-Feb-17 19:39:15

Trespass go up to twenty something I think but I've never really rated them for extreme cold. I have a similar problem with my boobs but find quite a few brands will go up to 18-20 and it's just that shops don't stock those sizes because larger ladies aren't supposed to enjoy outdoor activities. TKMaxx do xl sizes but they can vary in the boobular area. I have an eider in size 18 which fits my boobs and I can wear a jumper underneath and they did go up to a 20. It's quite expensive but great for the cold weather and I wear it all the time not just for snow sports.

Lucked Sun 05-Feb-17 19:43:42

Unisex colour men's jacket? You will get more choice. I have bought stuff in TKmaxx before but not sure they are still stocking it so late in season.

PidgeyfinderGeneral Sun 05-Feb-17 19:50:28

Oh, fab, thank you! I will take a look at Trespass.

So annoying that it's so hard to buy fitness stuff which is larger than a 14 and not skin tight. I tried to buy a high-vis for running last year and ended up having to get a man's one as the women's ones were all fitted and I needed to be able to wear a layer under it as well as my key/phone belt.

Biking007 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:50:32

I've got a dare2be women's jacket which fits a 40G size 16/18 top it was in their largest size I even bought it the resort and it was £65. I do only wear 2-3skinny layers under it as it's warm but I'd struggle with a bulky fleece - I did wear it with a back protector though so it's not v.tight.

mycavitiesareempty Sun 05-Feb-17 20:07:54

I have this same issue right now.

Burton 16 is quite generous in their board-style jackets. I think dare2be go up to xxl/18.

In the past I've had success with men's jackets. They usually are bigger across the chest.

PidgeyfinderGeneral Sun 05-Feb-17 20:08:49

Yeah, I was considering trying the men's ones. Thanks again for the suggestions!

mycavitiesareempty Sun 05-Feb-17 20:09:28

Xpost with many others ...

DancingGoose Sun 05-Feb-17 21:46:14

What about looking at Mountain Warehouse - I think they do a range of sizes and they have a sale on too.

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/clearance/ski/

Biking007 Mon 06-Feb-17 07:52:42

I just bought a cheap women's fitted size18 running jacket in sports direct which works well with long sleeved under and a bum bag for phone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: