Talk

Advanced search

I've just bought a load of boden - is it OK?

(35 Posts)
MrsDustyBusty Sun 05-Feb-17 15:07:21

I'm starting a new job in a more formal environment soon (last place had to introduce a dress code which included no ripped t-shirts so you can imagine, it's IT). So I decided it all had to coordinate and I've bought a whole load of boden (circa 700€, so a whole load). I wanted to look professional, casual and approachable but am now afraid I'll be seen from outer space.

It's all Richmond trousers and ravello tops to mix and match.

Tell me it'll be OK! I could return but won't have time to assemble another wardrobe before my start date if I do!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 05-Feb-17 15:09:25

It sounds lovely.

Nanasueathome Sun 05-Feb-17 15:11:32

You need to be aware that whatever you buy from Boden you must always wait for a discount code.
30% discount is the minimum I would go for...
They reduce on a very regular basis and have special offers almost every week
You never ever have to pay the full quoted price

Laquila Sun 05-Feb-17 15:13:00

Sounds fine!! Are the Richmond trousers the ones with the seam down the front? Some of the Ravello tops are lovely - as with all Boden, there's a slightly crazy print or two to be avoided, but hey ho!

Incidentally, I'm hoping to be in a similar situation soon in terms of hopefully getting a new job in a more formal office...I very much hope to have the same dilemma soon!

lizzieoak Sun 05-Feb-17 15:13:27

I live Boden. It's good quality and the details are done really well. I'm sure the stuff is gorgeous & im very envious.

lizzieoak Sun 05-Feb-17 15:14:11

Damned autocorrect- it does not believe in love. I love Boden, not live!

Brillenbar Sun 05-Feb-17 15:17:45

If you've bought neat fitting trousers and slightly flowy tops you will look perfect. Just avoid anything fun....

PrancerForHoney Sun 05-Feb-17 15:21:33

I have just bought a load of Boden dresses off Ebay for work. My best find was one for £3.00.

Glitteryfrog Sun 05-Feb-17 16:04:16

Boden does smart casual well and they do dresses in three lengths!!!

MrsDustyBusty Sun 05-Feb-17 20:30:13

So relieved! I think I did buy the mad print for this year though, it's like a mainly green snakeskin. I thought I'd be adventurous for once!

lizzieoak Sun 05-Feb-17 20:33:02

I've got a few mad Boden prints. I think it's okay, I get compliments about my mad ones smile

LiquoriceWheel Sun 05-Feb-17 21:42:31

Lucky you, I always get my order wrong even though I just get their basics. Even the Richmonds didn't suit me! I might try one more order (fourth!) then I'm giving up and roaming the streets naked. blushangrycakehmmsmile

LiquoriceWheel Sun 05-Feb-17 22:06:01

Feel like I ended this thread on a bum note, sorry about that. I want to add that their customer service is superb so like a sucker I'm back for more wine

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 05-Feb-17 22:10:27

I always buy their trousers in the sale, they're great for work. The Ravello tops are fab, too, and wash beautifully.

I also like their shoes but have a gift of waiting til they're in the clearance section and they always magically have my size in stock!

jeaux90 Sun 05-Feb-17 23:52:27

I wear a lot of their dresses for work. They do very nice fitted ones you can dress up or down. As pp said sign up and wait for the discount codes x

BWatchWatcher Sun 05-Feb-17 23:56:27

Also, cashback through quidco!

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Mon 06-Feb-17 05:18:18

I wear a lot of Boden for work, everything I have from there is stylish, comfortable and washes really well. I always get compliments.

I have a silver Ravello top which I adore.

I had to send the Richmond trousers back though because the fit just didn't do it for me (I was gutted). I have other styles of trousers from Boden though, and they're all fine.

chloechloe Mon 06-Feb-17 11:55:22

This is the kind of stuff I would wear were I not on mat leave.

You could just take the labels off a few things to get you through the first week to give you time to see how it fits in in the office. I've sent stuff back to Boden outside the deadline and they've refunded without any issues. smile

museumum Mon 06-Feb-17 11:57:27

I like the plain coloured things for work. But i hate the prints - they're just not 'me', although i do have a spotty coat i bought second hand that i'm always complemented on.

Rioja123 Mon 06-Feb-17 11:57:45

Oo post us some links!

PollyPerky Mon 06-Feb-17 12:04:06

You could just take the labels off a few things to get you through the first week to give you time to see how it fits in in the office.

Really Chloe? So you wear the stuff then return? I know Boden have a great returns policy- I've sent things back outside the deadlines for a credit but I'd not have the audacity to wear them first and pretend they were unworn.

PollyPerky Mon 06-Feb-17 12:04:43

If that's what you meant chloe- apologies if not smile

Enelya Mon 06-Feb-17 12:10:33

I think she means wear a few bits and return the rest...

PickAChew Mon 06-Feb-17 12:12:30

I think Chloe means not to take the labels off everything, immediately then if it doesn't work out, the unworn stuff can be returned.

PollyPerky Mon 06-Feb-17 12:41:41

Ooooh. sorry blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now