Talk

Advanced search

Keep or not? Boots

(21 Posts)
fishinginthecut Sun 05-Feb-17 15:05:25

Fly boots, are they too chunky & manly? Dh is pulling that face, you know when they hate something but daren't say?!

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 05-Feb-17 15:20:57

My DP pulls the face whenever I wear something that isn't a stiletto. He pulls it A LOT. grin
I think they're great, but then I love me a chunky boot. I would say maybe keep the rest of your silhouette streamlined to avoid the tree trunk leg of doom look ( although your legs look lovely, I'm just catastrophising!)

PrancerForHoney Sun 05-Feb-17 15:23:55

I have similar ones and I love them. If my DP pulled that face , tough. 😉

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sun 05-Feb-17 17:04:47

When I've had similar types of boots in the past the 'look' has been accompanied with comments about Star Wars, rather than them being too masculine or chunky.

beanfilledfish Sun 05-Feb-17 17:15:23

i have some purple fly boots, they're great, i think you either love of hate them but they are so comfy

Cocolepew Sun 05-Feb-17 17:27:49

Ive just got a third pair delivered 5 minutes ago. I love them.

Elianna Sun 05-Feb-17 17:30:43

If I'm honest, I don't like them. Just my opinion of course but if you're not sure return them. My mantra is you should love what you wear and don't buy clothing for the sake of it or because it's on sale.

AVeryBigHouse Sun 05-Feb-17 17:31:40

I love them! I guess it depends on your style though.

jeaux90 Sun 05-Feb-17 17:36:51

With Eliana if you don't love them send them back.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 05-Feb-17 17:37:10

I'd keep them, I think you'll get good use out of those.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 05-Feb-17 17:38:14

Do YOU like them? That's all that matters. Tbh though, I'm not fond, personally.

pictish Sun 05-Feb-17 17:39:29

I like them.

SwedishEdith Sun 05-Feb-17 18:05:04

I like them and don't really understand the "manly" bit. But, I agree that if you don't love/need them, then send them back.

dudsville Sun 05-Feb-17 19:02:28

Do you need them, do they fit you, are they comfortable, do they fill a gap/meet a need, etc.? If yes then definitely. I'm sure your OH owns some things that aren't super sexy!

lopdedop Sun 05-Feb-17 19:14:31

I have a pair. I wear them alot, and not only are the super comfy, they just get better with age. Definitely keep them. I've just bought another pair of green Fly ankle boots. Love them, too.

burnishedsilver Sun 05-Feb-17 19:33:51

The8yre lovely boots but I think the fitting is too wide on the calf for you.

BusterGonad Sun 05-Feb-17 19:37:19

I think they look a bit butch and like Wellies but if course that's my opinion and I'm sure many people think my taste in clothes/boots isn't for them either!

Laiste Sun 05-Feb-17 19:54:20

Depends what they're for OP really. If it's for a lack tie, full evening gown gala event they're probably not the perfect thing, but for being warm, being comfy, everyday mooching around then ... nothing wrong with them at all.

As for do we personally like them - well some will some wont. It's you that matters smile

BorisJohnsonsHair Sun 05-Feb-17 20:20:40

I really like them. But then I have 3 pairs of Fly boots. these are my current favourites. But I also have tan and black zebra stripe ones. I like a cool boot, me.

Cocolepew Sun 05-Feb-17 20:25:28

These are the ones I got today.
My older ones are a black and petrol mes.

ILikeyourHairyHands Sun 05-Feb-17 20:27:38

Not for me, but if YOU like them, go for it woman.

If anything, they're not chunky enough if you're going for that look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now