Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour and stylist questions pls!

(1 Post)
SuperFlyHigh Sun 05-Feb-17 12:39:08

Had my hair all over coloured (permanent dye), about 2 weeks ago. Have had perm colour for about 3 months now, before highlights.

Just checked yesterday and already there is grey regrowth around hairline, enough that i can see if I pull hair back in ponytail.

I know hairdresser has form for taking shortcuts etc if she can (she's also short staffed) but she's a friend, known her 15 or more years and I don't watch her closely and trust her to do a good job..

Rang yesterday to complain and she said come in to get it sorted. She also said "oh it's regrowth, your hair must be growing really quickly" (it isn't...). Generally I leave 6-8 weeks before colour touch up.

She also has quiet whispered talks with me before I pay where she asks what I paid last time as she co-owns salon, the other owner would like to charge me more, but as I've known her a long time she knows I'd walk if it were too much. It's already pricey. Also last time at salon their card machine wasn't working (cables out, unplugged), the co-owner wanted me to use an ATM outside a shop, I said "no I'm off to Tescos ATM 5 mins walk away" as I don't really trust ATM outside shops and certainly not in that area which is up and coming and trendy but a bit grimy/insalubrious characters hanging around...

Anyway is the regrowth something which "could" happen (doubt it) or is she cutting corners? And is the card machine/talks with me re price symptoms of something else eg problems with salon? Not my business but...

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now