Talk

Advanced search

Slouchy boots? Yes or no?

(35 Posts)
Fresta Sun 05-Feb-17 12:20:41

Are they dated and unflattering, or are they making a comeback? I tried the Rosalind boots on in Dune- so comfy, easy to get on and soft leather. I didn't get them as haven't seen this type of boot around for a while and thought I might just look like I'd stepped out of a time machine. What do you think?

www.dunelondon.com/relissa-slouch-calf-boot-0073508510001484/

www.dunelondon.com/rosalind-slip-on-ruched-calf-boot-0073508510002484/

www.dunelondon.com/pager-ruched-detail-block-heel-ankle-boot-0092501020021484/

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 05-Feb-17 12:29:04

I think they're dated. Bit mid 2000s. The ankle boot is the best of the bunch in my opinion but then I think longer length boots seem to have gone out of fashion in the last year or so. I've certainly noticed less people wearing them recently.
Also, slouchy boots always make people look like they have cankles to my eyes.
I can't find a PC way of saying it but to me they just look common. I'm sorry! <hides>

QueenMortificado Sun 05-Feb-17 12:31:37

I used to love my slouchy boots! Would wear them at university in early 2000s with a short denim skirt and vest and big leather belt.

So the answer for me probably is that they're still a bit dated and I'd go with some chunkier biker style boots, but at the same time if you like them then I'm not absolutely sure the fashion police would come after you for it being a crime.

EggsEleven Sun 05-Feb-17 12:31:52

I think the boots in your first two links look incredibly dated and cheap. The third link is OK depending on what you'd wear them with.

beanfilledfish Sun 05-Feb-17 12:33:48

i have the relissa in rust suede and have them on today grin i really like them they're so comfy and i dont think they look cheap wink

SleepFreeZone Sun 05-Feb-17 12:34:46

The last one is the only acceptable one.

beanfilledfish Sun 05-Feb-17 12:35:22

here are mine i love them

Fresta Sun 05-Feb-17 12:38:22

Yes, I think they do look cheap in the photos, in real life they didn't, they were very soft quality leather. I like the ankle boots but not sure what id wear them with?

MumUndone Sun 05-Feb-17 12:38:45

Rushed boots are the only style I can find to fit my calves; others look like wellies as they gape too much. Having said that, I tried both of the first two styles in several sizes and none of them fit properly.

JayzuzMaryJoseph Sun 05-Feb-17 14:52:34

Slouchy/ruched boots look OK in suede as a casual look, but the leather ones...they do look dated, imho.

PrancerForHoney Sun 05-Feb-17 15:28:08

I have Blowfish Tan Cammish boots and love them.
If you love them, buy them.
If we all liked the same things the world would be a very boring place as my Grandma used to say.

Sweets101 Sun 05-Feb-17 15:30:18

Ooh beans love your boots!

HyacinthsBucket Sun 05-Feb-17 15:32:27

I've got a pair, in black leather and live in them!! I never realised I was so out of date. They go great with jeans or skirts, and are warm as toast.

PovertyJetset Sun 05-Feb-17 15:43:40

Not keen and I think if you're short they really emphasise the shortness! I've tried some on and they made me feel so dumpy! I'm not dumpy grin

BusterGonad Sun 05-Feb-17 19:34:11

I ha e to agree that they do look somewhat dated but I think the photos make them look cheaper then what they would do in real life, I too think suede would look really lovely, I'm just not sure ruche and leather look as nice as suede and ruche do. But like I said I bet in real life they are really lovely.

mowglik Sun 05-Feb-17 19:47:15

I agree with pps that the ankle boots are the best of the bunch, don't think they are dated but the other two - maybe it's because it's leather and it suede.

I have a pair of suede slouchy boots from next and they look really good - maybe look around for suede alternatives?

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 05-Feb-17 19:51:10

I love the Blowfish ones, I'm currently wearing blowfish boots, but the others, not sure, they look a bit Mum boot slouches somehow.

WheelchairDay Sun 05-Feb-17 19:52:40

Goodness OP! Those first two boots I remeber people wearing when I was at uni in the very early 90s. The third one looked okayish, depends how you style it.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 05-Feb-17 19:54:49

Only in suede and only in tan/brown/taupe.

BusterGonad Sun 05-Feb-17 20:03:53

Oh, I love taupe slouchy boots. My friend had some on with a matching pleated midi skirt and a roll neck, I was so jealous of her outfit, she had teamed them up with a lovely velvet lipstick too. I was in awe of her and she's 20 years older than me....she looked amazing!

Laiste Sun 05-Feb-17 20:04:07

I have a pair of what are meant to be knee high boots from next and they end up as slouchy. They're dirty beige newbuck (sort of bald suede) with a brown block heel and i think they look ok when they slip down. They were expensive but looked lived in from the word go. I think it's the new smartness of black leather which doesn't go well as slouch.

<overthinks>

BusterGonad Sun 05-Feb-17 20:05:51

Laiste I think you've hit the nail on the head! <overthinks too, and too invested in this thread>

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 05-Feb-17 20:08:58

Yep,all black boots are too 'smart.'

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 05-Feb-17 20:09:14

And piratey.

BusterGonad Sun 05-Feb-17 20:12:23

Dame I've just ordered a pair of black suede over the knee block heels.....will I be ok???? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now