Talk

Advanced search

Earrings

(12 Posts)
CountFosco Sun 05-Feb-17 12:06:42

I've just had my hair cut into a pixie cut and can suddenly see my ears again. And now I'm wondering if any earrings are fashionable at the moment??? I'm mid 40s and suspect both something dangly and a discreet stud would look dated with my new haircut. Argh! But what the hell is in fashion?

Bluntness100 Sun 05-Feb-17 12:09:14

I don't think you should buy what's in fashion, rather buy what you like. Go to a department store and have a look round and see what you like.

Personally I wear little pearl studs. But I have long dark hair.

BusterGonad Sun 05-Feb-17 19:45:39

I think short hair (pixie crop) and danglys is a bit dated but jaw length looks good with both. I like tiny butterfly style earrings with small gem stones, think Victorian style, pearls are lovely too but too be honest I'm not sure what's in fashion at the moment earring wise! confused

CountFosco Tue 07-Feb-17 22:12:28

Thanks Buster. It's an age since I wore any earrings regularly TBH but did a google search of pixie haircuts 2017 and the majority of women are wearing studs so I'll go with that (I have a vast selection of earrings already, no need to buy new ones). Mum got me lovely moonstone studs for Christmas so they might be the first choice.

BusterGonad Wed 08-Feb-17 06:00:11

Oh I love moonstone, I have a moonstone ring. I used to have a short pixie cut (think Winona Ryder) back in the days and I felt that dangleys made me look a bit like a geography teacher! Don't ask why geography as I don't know! Lol.

nebulae Wed 08-Feb-17 06:24:20

Since I had my hair cut short I only ever wear studs. My danglies & hoops don't look right now. I have loads of studs so I wear a different pair most days. I have some little pearl studs as well but I think they instantly make me look older for some reason.

sonlypuppyfat Wed 08-Feb-17 06:27:45

Earrings are my most favourite things. I've got shoulder length dark hair and I like big silver danglies

barefoofdoctor Wed 08-Feb-17 06:30:57

Ear cuffs and 'front and back earrings' seem to be the thing at the moment. (I love the latter). Have a look at somewhere selling cheapies (I picked up a couple of pairs for £2 in the Asda sale last week) and try them out then upgrade to a style that looks nice and suits? (The Asda ones are the only cheapy ones which don't itch me mad or turn my lobes green). Claire's have a good range though I react to the metal. River Island's look interesting too. Maybe get a transverse lobe piercing or Daith heart to jazz things up a bit? ;) (Once a body piercer.....)

dementedma Wed 08-Feb-17 06:37:30

I have about 60 pairs of earrings and love them all so just go with what you like!!!!

WooWooChooChoo Wed 08-Feb-17 06:53:42

This sort of earring seems to be in fashion where I live. It has a sort of fitted back that sits just under your ear.

megletthesecond Wed 08-Feb-17 06:57:02

Small graphic studs are in (I think). Circles, triangles and 'line' earrings.

BusterGonad Wed 08-Feb-17 07:03:49

I like those woowoo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now