Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need an everyday moisturiser with an SPF

(13 Posts)
LauraPalmersBodybag Sun 05-Feb-17 12:02:35

I've never found the right one but have read too many recommendations and I'm lost. My criteria:

Broad based spf 15+
Preferably under £35
Good for dehydrated/combination skin.
Won't leave my skin looking shiny

I'm currently using a gorgeous Aesop one that I was given but no spf makes me reluctant to buy it.

Any thoughts?

LauraPalmersBodybag Sun 05-Feb-17 22:23:11

Bumping!

MrsRonBurgundy Sun 05-Feb-17 22:25:48

Bobbi Brown Protective Face Lotion would be my recommendation
Sinks in really quickly and makes my face feel loooovely

sphinxster Sun 05-Feb-17 22:48:59

Simple from Boots.

TheresABluebirdOnMyShoulder Sun 05-Feb-17 22:50:56

I bought a really cheap Sainsburys own brand one (£3 I think) in an emergency and it's absolutely fab. I love it. Won't go back to spending £££ now.

user1471441955 Mon 06-Feb-17 00:10:18

Second simple- love it

specialsubject Mon 06-Feb-17 09:29:03

Remember that mosturisers with SPF dont really give protection as so thin a layer applied infrequently. If you do more than totter from office to indoor restaurant on your high heels (as per the ads) then April to October you need real suncream.

JohnCheese Mon 06-Feb-17 10:19:23

Agree with specialsubject, you need a decent SPF. Most moisturisers with SPF 15 on the label are rubbish. Something like this Neostrata one is v good. You'll be hard pushed to find a decent SPF+moisturiser combination.
Have a browse here, you might find something.

PollyPerky Mon 06-Feb-17 12:10:47

also, spf 15 is not enough for anyone. Dermos suggest spf 25 at least. I use spf 40 Clinique City Block daily.

sauronskitten Mon 06-Feb-17 15:13:24

I use Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution SPF 50 Day Cream in Translucent -- dries matte and feels light and non-greasy (for me)

Sciurus83 Mon 06-Feb-17 16:37:59

I use la Roche posay anthelios fluid 50+, really light milk with embryollise lait creme concentre. Combination works really well for me and around £30 for the two of you pick up when offers are on.

LauraPalmersBodybag Tue 07-Feb-17 00:25:57

Thanks - I didn't actually know that. I use Clinique's City Block through the summer and do reapply if I'm out for a longer stretch. I assumed it wasn't necessary the rest of the year round though.

Appreciate the other recommendations too. I'll have a look at them.

Lululooselips Wed 08-Feb-17 03:35:46

If you like the non spf moisturiser stick with that then use something like elemis liquid layer over the top

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now