Talk

Advanced search

Best foolproof foundation under £30?

(8 Posts)
puglife15 Sun 05-Feb-17 09:49:40

I last bought high end foundation about 10 years ago (Chanel, Estee Lauder and Dior) and have only just finished them blush

Day to day I've been using bb creams. I've tried loads of cheaper foundation from Bourjois, Loreal, Rimmel and Max Factor and I've been disappointed in all of them.

I'm sure things have moved on since I last bought something a bit more expensive, so any recommendations please? It needs to be super easy to apply/colour match and give mid weight coverage.

Softkitty2 Sun 05-Feb-17 11:41:33

Nars all day luminous or sheer glow..
With the all day luminous it is mid to full coverage and you apply very little.

Bobbi brown and laura mercier.. All do bb creams to full coverage foundation

Dawndonnaagain Sun 05-Feb-17 11:57:17

I'm using a Charlotte Tilbury (Light Wonder) that dd very kindly purchased for me. It's pretty good on my aged (58) skin. Good coverage without being too much, buildable and unusually exactly the right colour match.

puglife15 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:53:10

Ooh thanks never tried foundations from either of those brands. Never seen Charlotte Tilbury in a store, I wonder if there are any stockists near me.

Jenniferb21 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:54:37

Estée Lauder double wear. It really does last all day. Go to Debenhams or house of Fraser to test it first or get a sample to take home. For everyday use I mix it with my cheaper L'Oréal foundation and it works wonders.

puglife15 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:57:17

I've used ELDW for years and even on my wedding day - it just feels a bit mask like on me these days. I think my skin has got drier.

Sammysquiz Sun 05-Feb-17 21:59:46

Charlotte Tilbury make-up is now being sold in John Lewis

Laiste Mon 06-Feb-17 11:36:15

Always wanted to try ELDW and just looked it up after reading this thread.

Forty four colours! Wow!

If you were to use it daily, but sparingly (maybe mixed with a cheaper brand sometimes) how long does a bottle last?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now