Talk

Advanced search

Renting women ski wear

(12 Posts)
Dreamqueen Sun 05-Feb-17 09:08:57

My niece (size 8) is going skiing with her boyfriend. All the rental places she has tried seem to start at size 10. She doesn't really want to spend ££ buying ski wear as not likely to go very soon again. Any ideas please?

eurochick Sun 05-Feb-17 09:10:43

She'll probably be wearing several layers under the ski gear so sizing up should be fine.

jeaux90 Sun 05-Feb-17 09:21:43

I think it's a bit of a false economy hiring anything apart from the skis and boots

Tell her to look on eBay and try tkmaxx too.

But yes pp is right size 10 should be fine as you do layer up

Dreamqueen Sun 05-Feb-17 10:32:58

besides TK maxx where is good to buy Ski stuff please?

LIZS Sun 05-Feb-17 10:38:49

Decathlon does inexpensive stuff, also sportsdirect. If she buys in traditional styles and colours it would be easy to rewear or sell on. Other brands to look out for are dare2be, trespass and surfanic.

Cherrypie32 Sun 05-Feb-17 10:45:07

Mountain warehouse

Tokelau Sun 05-Feb-17 10:46:25

Trespass is good too, and I think they have a sale online at the moment.

Tokelau Sun 05-Feb-17 10:48:39

This is nice, www.trespass.com/release-womens-padded-casual-jacket.

If the ladies' clothes are too big, she could try the girls' sizes.

thatdearoctopus Sun 05-Feb-17 10:48:55

Do you have a retail outlet centre anywhere near you? Hatfield Galleria for instance, has 3 or 4 mountainwear stores there, where you can always get bargains.
Or shop online, but sizing can be an issue.
Sports Direct often have reasonably-priced skiwear. If you want to pay a fortune a bit more and be "on trend," try Snow&Rock.

Or, does she know anyone who could lend her stuff?

trixymalixy Sun 05-Feb-17 10:49:22

Renting really doesn't seem good value to me. You can pick up decent stuff in tkmaxx or on eBay for the same cost or less and then sell it again on eBay.

The smaller sizes in tkmaxx always seem to end up vastly reduced so I would try there first. My friend who is tiny got some spyder salopettes for £9 in tkmaxx recently!!

trixymalixy Sun 05-Feb-17 10:50:03

Also if she's really petite she could try kids sizes.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 05-Feb-17 11:19:25

I'm wearing ski pants from Lidl atm, they cost 18€ and are good for any outdoor activities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now