Talk

Advanced search

Having amazing results with this for my cystic acne

(8 Posts)
Truckingalong Sun 05-Feb-17 07:51:50

Suffered for years. Skin has been worse than ever in the last few weeks and was just about to go back to the doctor when I chanced upon an article about blue light treatment. Ended up investing in an at home device and 2 weeks in, I am so impressed. All the anger has gone from my spots and within a couple of days of using it, everything had calmed right down. The one I bought has got a 45 day guarantee from Amazon but I doubt I'll be sending it back.

Wellitwouldbenice Sun 05-Feb-17 07:53:45

Are there any contraindications?

Truckingalong Sun 05-Feb-17 08:53:20

Not looked too deeply into it but I don't think so. It feels very gentle and natural. I just hold it on my chin for 15 minutes where my spots are mainly or you can hold it further away from your face for all over. There is no reddening that needs to calm down overnight.

Lazysusan11 Wed 08-Feb-17 23:01:29

Which one did you get @truckingalong

Truckingalong Thu 09-Feb-17 06:12:47

This but on Amazon www.lumie.com/collections/light-therapy-skincare

Lazysusan11 Thu 09-Feb-17 08:13:36

Thank you have ordered one smile

missfliss Thu 09-Feb-17 16:36:21

I came on too as I was curious - I have the Tria Blue Light for only mild acne, and it has really helped.
It's not just the spots themselves being minimised, its the pain and tenderness too (which is what people don't 'get' about acne) its all the redness around the spots that gets inflamed with every neww treatment.

Glad to hear the Lumie one is good.

Truckingalong Thu 09-Feb-17 17:38:57

The lumie one has red light too, which takes down the inflammation. I've read lots of recent reviews on Amazon that are really negative but I'm having great results and I won't be sending mine back! Come and report back Susan on how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now